Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$171
Hotels.com$171
Travelocity$171
Priceline$171
FindHotel$171
getaroom.com$177
All reviews free breakfast front desk staff room was large breakfast room convenient location keys everglades
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2022

There was no one at the desk, at approximately 3PM, for our check in, and it took quite awhile for someone to show up, despite yelling "hello" several times and knocking on a wall. The first floor hallway, had multiple carpet stains, and it smelled of urine. Also, the marketplace area, had bare shelves and I didn't see any vending machines. I asked a staff member, if there were any snacks for guests and his comment was, "nope", and not an explanation or apology or an offer of where to find any. The room was very tired looking and cleanliness was questionable.

Room tip: get one at a different hotel
Date of stay: March 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2022

Dear CindyR49441,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize for the cleanliness in our hotel, your check in experience and for the service of our staff. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 7 February 2022

Chose this because of its access to Everglades NP and genearlly know what to expect with HIE. It is on a busy loud highway, but when sitting at the pool, the greened, privacy fence hides the view, not the noise. We had a king on the ground fool, Hall and room carpet could use replacing, but room was huge, as it appeared a sofa bed had been removed. Bed was huge and comfortable, bedside tables on each side, a desk, large vanity area in BR, lots of towels. Probably a bit loud on ground floor, but earplugs solve that problem for me. Pool was not maintained, but we did use deck area for a beer and relaxing in the sun a short time. Exercise room looked well stocked, though we did not use it. Breakfast buffet was well stocked, hot, good variety, at 7-8 AM. Too much paper and plastic used though.
The main entrance is not facing the road, rather the back of a strip mall, kind of confusing.
We had planned to stay 3 nights, but were exhausting our activities in the NP, so chose to spend the third night in Ft. Lauderdale, closer to airport.

Room tip: Might want to be on higher floor, to avoid breakfast odors, decreased road noise.
Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 5 February 2022

We made reservations for 2 nights and stopped by 2 hours before 3pm to ask about early check in. The tall older man at the front desk who identified himself as a front desk agent didn't even let me ask or talk before sharply saying that there were no early checkins allowed, and don't even ask until 3pm. When finally I asked if there maybe, might be a room cleaned prior, he said no, no way, don't even come back before 3pm. His demeanor was rude, abrupt, unwelcoming, unflexible, and ensured that I will never come here again. How nice to know that as an IHG "member", I cen get such exclusive treatment for my money and loyalty. I already can't wait to leave.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2022

Hi James A,

Thank you for looping us into your concern about the staff's behavior. What you described certainly is not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have. We strive to offer the type of hospitality our guests value most where the essentials are done exceptionally well, but that did not happen on your visit. I am sorry to miss out on this area. I've communicated your sentiments with our management team for review and I've also sent you a private message to discuss this further.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit as we promise to make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Yours in hospitality,

Jeraldine R.
IHG Service

Reviewed 14 January 2022

We used this hotel due to its convenient location near the Florida Keys and our faith in the IHG brand. Arriving late at night after flight delays we could not believe the poor state of the room we walked into.

The whole building smells of smoke and mould. The carpets are filthy and need replacing. The rooms are filthy - walking on the carpet with socks on for 5 minutes made them brown. Multiple light globes in the room were not working and the iron had a missing cover which meant the water tank emptied all over your clothes.

The complex looks badly run down and in desperate need of a renovation. We could not depart quickly enough.

It is surprising to me that IHG allows a hotel of this standard to be advertised under their brand.

Room tip: Go to another hotel.
Date of stay: January 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Hi Mary P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

We're committed to providing you with the best overall experience. I'm sorry to hear about the undesirable smell of the facility, the untidy condition of the room, carpets, non-functioning light globes, and missing iron cover. I recognized your disappointment and this isn't the experience you've come to expect from us. I shared your review with our hotel management. I'm certain that all you've highlighted will be looked into, so we can better serve you in the future. I also sent you a private message discussing this matter.

We're grateful to have you as one of our valued guests. I hope you'll give us another chance to host your stay and we'll do our best to make your next visit better than the last!

Stay safe,

Jomar M.

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

As the other reviews mention this is a hotel to avoid. Very very dated by HIE standards. No breakfast buffet open as expected with HIE, grab and go only. Housekeeping is not daily and only by request of which they don’t state when checking in so you have no way to know this. The room was dirty and in need of a very deep cleaning (carpet, blinds). As a spire member I expect far more from the HIE brand, this hotel severely falls short of a one star experience. Not at all recommended.

Room tip: Avoid all together
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Getmarshall
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Hi Getmarshall,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent hotel experience.

We do our best to provide top-notch service and accommodation. I'm sorry for the reduced housekeeping service and breakfast items. In response to the COVID-19 situation, we have put in place modified procedures and reduced services to promote the safety of our guests and employees.

I have shared your comments with the hotel management for their review. I am confident they will take steps to improve the service and amenities we provide.

As our valued IHG Rewards Spire Elite member, we would love the opportunity to provide a better and memorable hotel experience.

Warm regards,