Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity$171
Tripadvisor$171
getaroom.com$177
All reviews free breakfast front desk staff room was large breakfast room convenient location keys everglades
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

As the other reviews mention this is a hotel to avoid. Very very dated by HIE standards. No breakfast buffet open as expected with HIE, grab and go only. Housekeeping is not daily and only by request of which they don’t state when checking in so you have no way to know this. The room was dirty and in need of a very deep cleaning (carpet, blinds). As a spire member I expect far more from the HIE brand, this hotel severely falls short of a one star experience. Not at all recommended.

Room tip: Avoid all together
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Getmarshall
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Hi Getmarshall,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent hotel experience.

We do our best to provide top-notch service and accommodation. I'm sorry for the reduced housekeeping service and breakfast items. In response to the COVID-19 situation, we have put in place modified procedures and reduced services to promote the safety of our guests and employees.

I have shared your comments with the hotel management for their review. I am confident they will take steps to improve the service and amenities we provide.

As our valued IHG Rewards Spire Elite member, we would love the opportunity to provide a better and memorable hotel experience.

Warm regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 September 2021

First, the hotel is old and dated and needs a complete makeover. That is not, however, serious enough to warrant a low rating of the hotel. The test of an excellent hotel, however, is whether the staff MEETS your needs and EXCEEDS your expectations. I'll explain.

I am an IHG Rewards Gold member and asked for a one-hour late checkout. Stephanie, who was dressed in sweats with no I.D. whatsoever and sitting on chairs in the lobby told me that she would only give me until 11:30. I protested and then she said "We only give late checkouts if they are available and since none are available, the latest I can give you is 11:30 a.m. If you stay in the room until 12:00 noon, I will charge you for an additional day!"

She told me that she didn't want to "inconvenience" the housekeeping staff. Inconvenience the housekeeping staff?! What about the customers!?

Stephanie got annoyed because I was irritated, but the best way to handle an irritated customer is to deescalate the situation, not escalate the situation by becoming vengeful.

Stephanie doesn't realize or doesn't want to face reality that there is a Marriott across from the Holiday Inn Express and I will be staying there next time. Stephanie thinks that by being mean and vengeful she wins. But in fact, she "wins the battle but loses the war." Thankfully capitalism rewards companies that meets people's needs and punishes those that don't.

I wrote a complaint e-mail to a Mr. Lima but got no response. What does that tell you?!

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank vazzinpb
Reviewed 1 August 2021

The Holiday Inn Express in Florida City has been on my itinerary many times. Years ago I was happy to see the renovation and posted several positive reviews.

However times change and during this visit it was mediocre at best. COVID-19 does not make organising a hotel easier but at least the personnel can do an additional step to make the difference.

Relatively uninterested and without care the reception is manned by different employees. Service is inconsistent and there seems to be a genuine disinterest in helping the guests.

Rooms are basic and up to par with HIE standards. Because of COVID-19 no breakfast is served yet, which was quite interesting seen the state policy, so you have to grab a bag in the morning.

This hotel serves the absolute basic needs of having a bed and a decent room but do not expect any additional frills. It does serve its purpose if you are in the area.

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AvdV80
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

I had our group stay here. Tried phoning before arrival with some questions about dietary issues with the breakfast (FYI they cannot accommodate), never heard back. My group arrived and had major issues checking in. One person was overcharged. I have been in contact with corporate and even they have told me the management won’t return their calls either. We are currently going to try and dispute the charges through our credit card.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Edith_C
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Dear Edith_C,

We take these matters very seriously and I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during the check-in process. I have sent you a PM to further assist you. We are fully committed to delivering the best experience at competitive rates. I have also notified our management about it.

I hope we can regain your trust in your future travels. We want to thank you for choosing our establishment for your accommodation and look forward to seeing you again!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 June 2021

We arrived to check in to our two rooms the evening of May 30, only to be told by the struggling desk clerk we had cancelled our reservations. We had not. We were then told that the manager had cancelled our reservations. We demanded our rooms. The manager was called. She said she had called us to confirm that we had cancelled our rooms. There are these things now a days called cell phones which log all calls made to your number. She had not called. She then said it was hotel policy to require check in by 5 pm. We asked her to show that policy and asked about the people who had just checked in before us. She then lied yet again by saying all rooms were full. They were not. We eventually got into two rooms. When we tried to check out our bill revealed why this lying liar was lying so much the night before. The girl handling check out said our reservations had been cancelled and the new rooms we were given cost nearly double the price of those we had reserved. To sum it up, the manager of this hotel is a prolific liar and this trip advisor advises you to avoid this property.

Room tip: don't stay here
Date of stay: May 2021