Lowest prices for your stay
$138
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$138
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
FindHotel
$131
Hotels.com$138
Travelocity$138
ZenHotels.com$154
All reviews free breakfast front desk staff the florida keys room was large convenient location breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2021

We arrived to check in to our two rooms the evening of May 30, only to be told by the struggling desk clerk we had cancelled our reservations. We had not. We were then told that the manager had cancelled our reservations. We demanded our rooms. The manager was called. She said she had called us to confirm that we had cancelled our rooms. There are these things now a days called cell phones which log all calls made to your number. She had not called. She then said it was hotel policy to require check in by 5 pm. We asked her to show that policy and asked about the people who had just checked in before us. She then lied yet again by saying all rooms were full. They were not. We eventually got into two rooms. When we tried to check out our bill revealed why this lying liar was lying so much the night before. The girl handling check out said our reservations had been cancelled and the new rooms we were given cost nearly double the price of those we had reserved. To sum it up, the manager of this hotel is a prolific liar and this trip advisor advises you to avoid this property.

Room tip: don't stay here
Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank remotely
Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Spent a full weekend in dive training in Key Largo and with the motels in town charging +$500 / night (insane) the option turned out to be Florida City twenty miles away.
Not be location for a Key Largo commute but the place needs an urgent up-grade. Rooms and bathrooms are old and not great. The AC is super loud! Staff is nice and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank BrazilACA
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Hi BrazilACA,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the room and bathroom condition, air conditioning, and comfort. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2021

We stayed two nights. It looks nice enough on the outside but it is very dated inside. As we got off the elevator the floor smelled like cigarette smoke. The doors are so thin we could hear conversations in rooms as we walked down the hall and from the inside the room we could hear everything in the hall. If there had been rooms available somewhere else we would have left. The girl at the front desk was too busy on her cell phone to be bothered. The next morning 6 people were at the front desk complaining. The breakfast is supposed to be to go bags but there were only 1 or 2 at a time there. We didn't have much of a choice to stay there the 2nd night, but I guess the complaints helped. When we returned for the 2nd night the smoke smell was much less (it seemed like they covered it with something else.) There was another girl at the front desk too and she was much better. The first girl was still there and on her cell phone still. I would definitely not recommend this hotel or stay there again, but at least they seemed to take all the complaints seriously. (That's the only reason I didn't rate it 1 star)

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kendra2003
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Hi Kendra2003,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the hallway condition, soundproofing, front desk service, breakfast, comfort, and value. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Reviewed 4 May 2021

rooms were nice but the hallways etc needed painting etc. Hotel needs updating. I think we may have gotten them to give us to-go bags for breakfast. room was large and a/c worked, however. I think the one of the maids was maskless in the hallway.

Date of stay: April 2021
3  Thank Cynthia B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Hi Cynthia B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the hallway condition, breakfast, disregard of safety mask protocol. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel pictures look fine but once inside you will find a run-down hotel in need of major renovation. I am allergic to black mold and as soon as I walked into our room I knew we could not stay there. New hotels nearby for a few dollars more a night. The only plus for this hotel is the manager (Kathy) and her staff who were kind, professional, and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank reneeb358
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Hello reneeb358,

Thanks for sharing feedback. We offer brilliant basics and a little more where it matters most. It is concerning that we missed the mark this time particularly in our area of cleanliness. You also find our facility in need of a major renovation. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction. Comments such as yours are valuable and relayed to the team to help point out areas needing additional attention.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,