Lowest prices for your stay
$171
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$171
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
ZenHotels.com
$148
Hotels.com$171
Priceline$171
getaroom.com$177
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

We stayed two nights. It looks nice enough on the outside but it is very dated inside. As we got off the elevator the floor smelled like cigarette smoke. The doors are so thin we could hear conversations in rooms as we walked down the hall and from the inside the room we could hear everything in the hall. If there had been rooms available somewhere else we would have left. The girl at the front desk was too busy on her cell phone to be bothered. The next morning 6 people were at the front desk complaining. The breakfast is supposed to be to go bags but there were only 1 or 2 at a time there. We didn't have much of a choice to stay there the 2nd night, but I guess the complaints helped. When we returned for the 2nd night the smoke smell was much less (it seemed like they covered it with something else.) There was another girl at the front desk too and she was much better. The first girl was still there and on her cell phone still. I would definitely not recommend this hotel or stay there again, but at least they seemed to take all the complaints seriously. (That's the only reason I didn't rate it 1 star)

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kendra2003
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Hi Kendra2003,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the hallway condition, soundproofing, front desk service, breakfast, comfort, and value. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 4 May 2021

rooms were nice but the hallways etc needed painting etc. Hotel needs updating. I think we may have gotten them to give us to-go bags for breakfast. room was large and a/c worked, however. I think the one of the maids was maskless in the hallway.

2  Thank Cynthia B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Hi Cynthia B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the hallway condition, breakfast, disregard of safety mask protocol. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel pictures look fine but once inside you will find a run-down hotel in need of major renovation. I am allergic to black mold and as soon as I walked into our room I knew we could not stay there. New hotels nearby for a few dollars more a night. The only plus for this hotel is the manager (Kathy) and her staff who were kind, professional, and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank reneeb358
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Hello reneeb358,

Thanks for sharing feedback. We offer brilliant basics and a little more where it matters most. It is concerning that we missed the mark this time particularly in our area of cleanliness. You also find our facility in need of a major renovation. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction. Comments such as yours are valuable and relayed to the team to help point out areas needing additional attention.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Avoid this hotel- it was dirty, run down, and beat up. We switched rooms twice- the first smelled of smoke. The second had problems with the air conditioning. After the second we left and went to the Marriott. I saw the bad reviews but was hopeful since it was IHG but again I was wrong. Second time a Holiday Inn has been so bad I left.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TheCombsFamily
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Hi TheCombsFamily,

I'm glad you chose our hotel for your visit to Florida City. Thank you for staying.

We promise a comfortable and convenient experience for all of our guests. I'm sorry you experienced issues with the stay, especially with the cleanliness, hotel decor, room odor, and AC unit. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service. I also sent a private message to assist further.

We appreciate your feedback about your stay and looking forward to your next travel.

Many Thanks,

Rein V

Reviewed 21 March 2021

I received Horrible Customer service at this hotel last week, including the front desk staff swearing at my wife and I. Can a GM please post their email address so I can discuss this further? I have tried to research this and have found a GM named Brad Forsyth, but no way to contact him.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank Safari797434
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Hi Safari797434,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

I am sorry to learn your overall stay with us was a letdown because of the level of customer service you received. We always strive to make sure that every guest has an excellent hotel experience. I will make sure to let the hotel management know about your encounter for evaluation. I trust that the measures taken will ensure that we prevent the same issue from happening again.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please send an email message to IHGService@ihg.com with your TripAdvisor.com username and complete reservation details.

Again, thank you for making us aware. I look forward to your response.

Warmest regards,