Lowest prices for your stay
$138
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$138
Free cancellation until 29/05/22
Traveluro
$132
Hotels.com$138
Travelocity$138
ZenHotels.com$154
All reviews free breakfast front desk staff the florida keys room was large convenient location breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel pictures look fine but once inside you will find a run-down hotel in need of major renovation. I am allergic to black mold and as soon as I walked into our room I knew we could not stay there. New hotels nearby for a few dollars more a night. The only plus for this hotel is the manager (Kathy) and her staff who were kind, professional, and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank reneeb358
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Hello reneeb358,

Thanks for sharing feedback. We offer brilliant basics and a little more where it matters most. It is concerning that we missed the mark this time particularly in our area of cleanliness. You also find our facility in need of a major renovation. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction. Comments such as yours are valuable and relayed to the team to help point out areas needing additional attention.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Avoid this hotel- it was dirty, run down, and beat up. We switched rooms twice- the first smelled of smoke. The second had problems with the air conditioning. After the second we left and went to the Marriott. I saw the bad reviews but was hopeful since it was IHG but again I was wrong. Second time a Holiday Inn has been so bad I left.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank TheCombsFamily
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Hi TheCombsFamily,

I'm glad you chose our hotel for your visit to Florida City. Thank you for staying.

We promise a comfortable and convenient experience for all of our guests. I'm sorry you experienced issues with the stay, especially with the cleanliness, hotel decor, room odor, and AC unit. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service. I also sent a private message to assist further.

We appreciate your feedback about your stay and looking forward to your next travel.

Many Thanks,

Rein V

Reviewed 21 March 2021

I received Horrible Customer service at this hotel last week, including the front desk staff swearing at my wife and I. Can a GM please post their email address so I can discuss this further? I have tried to research this and have found a GM named Brad Forsyth, but no way to contact him.

1  Thank Safari797434
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Hi Safari797434,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

I am sorry to learn your overall stay with us was a letdown because of the level of customer service you received. We always strive to make sure that every guest has an excellent hotel experience. I will make sure to let the hotel management know about your encounter for evaluation. I trust that the measures taken will ensure that we prevent the same issue from happening again.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please send an email message to IHGService@ihg.com with your TripAdvisor.com username and complete reservation details.

Again, thank you for making us aware. I look forward to your response.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 21 March 2021

First off the rooms are disgusting, if you need towels you have to go get them yourself. AC didn’t work when we checked in and we were told no maintenance guys were around. Bathrooms look like something out of bates motel . Avoid at all costs!

1  Thank G8749NAseanw
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Hi G8749NAseanw,

I'm glad you provided a review. Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City!

Though brilliant stays are what we promise, I'm worried that you had otherwise. I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered during your recent stay with us, particularly with our room and bathroom cleanliness, our staff's lapses, the limited towels, and the defective AC. IHG Hotels & Resorts sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again. ave sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

I hope you will give us a chance of staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 13 March 2021

First of all the staff is great. The room is fine and the location is what we needed.

We show up at 1:30 PM and no check in. No one is allowed to check in until 3. What? I can see that as normal check in time but I know there were rooms ready. Makes no sense. Asked for late checkout as we were going to cut it close to getting back. Nope! Nada. It’s because of an event at the Speedway. Well that’s why we want late checkout. Only wanted a noon checkout. Wouldn’t budge. Again, makes no sense.

Pool sign says it closes at 11 but because of ‘Covid’ it close at 6pm. ??!! It’s an unmanned pool. What close early. Covid comes out at 6 PM but it’s OK before then?

And all these hotels that use to offer breakfast are milking Covid so they don’t have to give service. Every restaurant around here is open and I can go sit down, inside and eat. No issues. But this breakfast is not open. No reason and using Covid is now an excuse, not a reason. They don’t have servers.

Great staff but I doubt I’ll be back. There are enough other hotels in the area. I remember how I’m treated and this place really doesn’t care about me as a customer.

1  Thank 519duaner
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Florida City-Gateway To Keys, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2021

Hi 519duaner.

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Florida City! We're grateful that you chose the Holiday Inn Express.

We're known in delivering guest satisfaction and serving travelers needs, 519duaner, but I'm sorry that you we felt we came in short in satisfying what you're looking for. I read that it'll be less likely that you'd consider us again because of the changes we have to temporarily implement. I understand your dismay with your declined request for early check-in and late check-out, the pool hours, and breakfast arrangements. Please know that most of these measures were put in place to help curb the possible spread of the pandemic and we're evaluating these depending on how the situation progresses.

On a lighter note, it's great that we've made you feel our warm hospitality and the room just what you needed it to be. Trust that this has been brought upon our management's attention and be discussed within all concerned staff. We may not have been our best on this trip but I'm positive to end this with a 5-stars if you only give us another chance. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Kind regards,