Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Fairfield Inn
Hotels.com$149
Travelocity$149
FindHotel$153
All reviews nice stay waffles front desk sausage stay there again keys everglades
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2022

Marriott has once again proved its below standards.
On the plus side though, check-in/out were easy, heated pool was nice, laundry machines excellent (free but provide your own detergent). Staff courteous and would provide fresh towels/toiletries upon request. We did not have housekeeping service because of Covid situation.
Location is good to access various attractions and under 3 hours drive to KeyWest.
On the negative side, the hotel in general sucks. Hallways dirty and not vacuum cleaned for several days. Breakfast area filthy and tables not cleaned after each guest’s use. Our rooms were not clean and luckily, we had wipes and upon wiping surfaces, knobs, bathroom, appliances etc, the cloths were black. There was hair still in the shower drain which we had to pick up and discard.
Breakfast: first day, was pretty good with some variety; then it went all downward. Two days, NO breakfast because apparently the goods were not delivered. We had to go out and buy b/fast but the hotel would not refund nor give a voucher. BJs club is less than a mile away and management did not even attempt to get the basics (cereals, milk, fruits) for the guests. Following days, very skimpy – eggs (scrambled or omelet) were like rubber, probably from frozen or canned containers. There were some egg/sausage sandwiches from two days back – so disgusting. No fruits – either fresh or cups. No provision for vegetarian guests. Some blueberry and apple/nut muffins were so gross and stale. All in all, quality of food was less than acceptable and mostly what one can find at a DollarTree store.
To top it up, one day, the coffee machine broke and, not only food choices was bare, there was no coffee when the cafetaria opened at 6:00am. The reception had no more in-room coffee pods as well.
A staff was bold enough to tell us that the hotel miscalculated their orders and thus did not even have adequate provision for the guests. The hotel was sold out way before the holidays giving catering services ample time to provide adequately for guests.
The poor management is appalling.
Don't even try to contact management or the members loyalty department - they never called back.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank marydZ2907PF
Ashley Hughes, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Your experience of the cleanliness and the poor breakfast service is below our standard.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the food and beverage ad well as the housekeeping leadership teams to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place and reviewed to prevent these situations from occurring in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 15 December 2021

Definitely not up to Marriott standards! That sums up my experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Homestead, Florida. I booked a three-night stay (December 10-13, 2021) for a quick get-a-way to enjoy our National Parks and other attractions in the Southeast Florida area. We checked in our Friday evening. Room keys were provided, we headed to our room, then out for dinner. It was a good night. However, the environment changed on Saturday morning and continued until checkout on Monday.

Here are the facts…
• Saturday AM
• Spoke with front desk clerk requesting a room change to two queen/full beds. She took my phone number, would speak to her manager and get back to me. No response.
• Breakfast service area was not clean, items were not plentiful, request for coffee made numerous times. Eating areas were not cleaned/sanitized after guest left.
• Men’s restroom by lobby was not clean, no paper towels.
• Saturday PM
• Returned from outdoor activities. No room change was possible. Entered room, bed not made, towels picked up from bathroom floor, new towels left under sink. Toilet, shower, floor not cleaned. Spoke with front desk manager. She indicated rooms cleaned every four days
• Hallway floor by elevators had crumbled Dorito chips, elevators not clean.
• Sunday AM
• Breakfast area still the same condition. Lots of trash in containers, Coffee refill requested again. Eating areas not cleaned
• Men’s room filthy. Toilet not flushed, smelly and no paper towels to dry hands
• Sunday PM
• Room still the same; no cleaning at all. Asked for towels to take shower, she brought them to the room. Only towels! Took out trash and left us trash bags to use in case we needed them. She indicated property manager (Mr. Patel) was informed and we could meet with him on Monday after 9:00am.
• Hallway rug still with Doritos and elevators still dirty
• Monday AM
• Breakfast area much better, coffer in container; however, no cleaning after guest leave eating area.
• Informed front desk we were checking out. Stated Mr. Patel could call us. No response.

It appears, the overall excuse from management for the lack of standards and service was “Covid”.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank bucobprof

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Your experiences were all below our standards. We strive to provide the highest level of hospitality. I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I will pass your concerns on with all of our leadership teams to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

Have stayed in hundreds of hotel and I had the WORST experience here

- What makes it the worst?
Alarm clock went off 6am and 6:30am unexpectedly with sharp noise. Extremely annoying as I did not touch the clock at all and originally planned to sleep in for the day.

In addition,
1) Wi-Fi barely works. I had to stand in a particular spot to be connected.
2) TV barely works. Volume, even when I turned it to the max., is very low.
3) checked into a room that looks like below

Positives
- when we checked into a messy room, reception was nice and quick to provide a solution

Overall, things appear to be nice and new at the beginning, but I quickly realized that lots of stuffs were not functioning at the bare minimum standard

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sayayangnu

Thanks for your feedback, as I have already passed the Wi-Fi and tv problems on to our maintenance leadership team and we our prioritizing for the future.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

I normally stay at Marriott properties over 75 nights a year and I almost never write reviews. However I wanted to write a review for this property. It seems brand new and was very clean. In addition I wanted to single out Ashley who worked at the front desk. When I checked in she was extremely friendly and professional. In addition every time I would pass through the lobby during my stay she would greet me by name. I also asked for late check out one time when I was on my way out the door to dinner, she said not a problem and that she would take care of it. On my way back in from dinner, she was there with a smile to welcome me back and also informed me she proactively made me new keys that would work up until the late checkout time I requested since the original ones would stop working at noon. This attention to detail is very impressive. I have had high end luxury hotels not go this far and I have had to go back down to the front desk on checkout day to get new keys. If I end up in this part of Florida again I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Vanessa Barreto, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Dear Dawson,

Thank you very much for your stay with us, your experience will be shared with our entire team, we hope to see you soon, we wish you an excellent weekend.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Hotel employees were awesome! They gave us a lot of information on things to do & places to eat, let us check in early and upgraded our room! They had a really nice pool as well. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn And Suites Homestead Florida City , Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear Krystal K,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your upgraded room and stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!