Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Fairfield Inn
Priceline$139
Hotels.com$139
Travelocity$139
Orbitz.com$139
All reviews nice stay waffles front desk sausage stay there again keys everglades
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2021

Definitely not up to Marriott standards! That sums up my experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Homestead, Florida. I booked a three-night stay (December 10-13, 2021) for a quick get-a-way to enjoy our National Parks and other attractions in the Southeast Florida area. We checked in our Friday evening. Room keys were provided, we headed to our room, then out for dinner. It was a good night. However, the environment changed on Saturday morning and continued until checkout on Monday.

Here are the facts…
• Saturday AM
• Spoke with front desk clerk requesting a room change to two queen/full beds. She took my phone number, would speak to her manager and get back to me. No response.
• Breakfast service area was not clean, items were not plentiful, request for coffee made numerous times. Eating areas were not cleaned/sanitized after guest left.
• Men’s restroom by lobby was not clean, no paper towels.
• Saturday PM
• Returned from outdoor activities. No room change was possible. Entered room, bed not made, towels picked up from bathroom floor, new towels left under sink. Toilet, shower, floor not cleaned. Spoke with front desk manager. She indicated rooms cleaned every four days
• Hallway floor by elevators had crumbled Dorito chips, elevators not clean.
• Sunday AM
• Breakfast area still the same condition. Lots of trash in containers, Coffee refill requested again. Eating areas not cleaned
• Men’s room filthy. Toilet not flushed, smelly and no paper towels to dry hands
• Sunday PM
• Room still the same; no cleaning at all. Asked for towels to take shower, she brought them to the room. Only towels! Took out trash and left us trash bags to use in case we needed them. She indicated property manager (Mr. Patel) was informed and we could meet with him on Monday after 9:00am.
• Hallway rug still with Doritos and elevators still dirty
• Monday AM
• Breakfast area much better, coffer in container; however, no cleaning after guest leave eating area.
• Informed front desk we were checking out. Stated Mr. Patel could call us. No response.

It appears, the overall excuse from management for the lack of standards and service was “Covid”.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank bucobprof
Ashley Hughes, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Your experiences were all below our standards. We strive to provide the highest level of hospitality. I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I will pass your concerns on with all of our leadership teams to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

Have stayed in hundreds of hotel and I had the WORST experience here

- What makes it the worst?
Alarm clock went off 6am and 6:30am unexpectedly with sharp noise. Extremely annoying as I did not touch the clock at all and originally planned to sleep in for the day.

In addition,
1) Wi-Fi barely works. I had to stand in a particular spot to be connected.
2) TV barely works. Volume, even when I turned it to the max., is very low.
3) checked into a room that looks like below

Positives
- when we checked into a messy room, reception was nice and quick to provide a solution

Overall, things appear to be nice and new at the beginning, but I quickly realized that lots of stuffs were not functioning at the bare minimum standard

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank sayayangnu

Thanks for your feedback, as I have already passed the Wi-Fi and tv problems on to our maintenance leadership team and we our prioritizing for the future.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

I normally stay at Marriott properties over 75 nights a year and I almost never write reviews. However I wanted to write a review for this property. It seems brand new and was very clean. In addition I wanted to single out Ashley who worked at the front desk. When I checked in she was extremely friendly and professional. In addition every time I would pass through the lobby during my stay she would greet me by name. I also asked for late check out one time when I was on my way out the door to dinner, she said not a problem and that she would take care of it. On my way back in from dinner, she was there with a smile to welcome me back and also informed me she proactively made me new keys that would work up until the late checkout time I requested since the original ones would stop working at noon. This attention to detail is very impressive. I have had high end luxury hotels not go this far and I have had to go back down to the front desk on checkout day to get new keys. If I end up in this part of Florida again I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Vanessa Barreto, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Dear Dawson,

Thank you very much for your stay with us, your experience will be shared with our entire team, we hope to see you soon, we wish you an excellent weekend.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Hotel employees were awesome! They gave us a lot of information on things to do & places to eat, let us check in early and upgraded our room! They had a really nice pool as well. We would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn And Suites Homestead Florida City , Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear Krystal K,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your upgraded room and stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Homestead Florida City! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

Ashley welcomed us and she has an amazing front desk personality! We looked for her smile and kindness each day. We really enjoyed our stay! Justin is excellent at breakfast. A full warm breakfast is served and a great waffle maker!(my personal favorite)we added an additional day because the location is great and we drove back and forth from any of the keys. You can’t beat this price for this hidden gem. We saved a ton of money by staying here. We stayed on the 6th floor. Everything is new because this Hotel is only 4 1/2 months old. The walk-in shower is a solid 5 star. The bathroom is spacious and everything in eco friendly! The Tea Tree shampoo, conditioner and body wash(both of our personal favorites) a solid 5. Teresa addressed us upon arrival to our room and let us know she was there for us. We let her know that we did not need our room serviced and we had adequate towels. Instead of writing a negative review when people are working so hard, please try to solve what’s upsetting you first. These kind individuals are in the customer service industry but they are not mind readers and they deserve the opportunity to fix any issue. Thank you again Ashley!

Room tip: Parking in Key West was a challenge for us. It was a Thursday and the flood gates must have opened.
1  Thank terriboyd2017

Dear terriboyd2017,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. We will provide your feedback to all of our staff and look forward to seeing you again soon!