This Inn is centrally located in the old town, and is comfortable and friendly! Not your generic cookie-cutter hotel. Rooms are great if you like character and aren't hung up on lots of closet or dresser space. The common rooms and exteriors were phenomenal to hang out with family and bond. (We celebrated a 90th birthday party, then spent a few days afterwards just enjoying each other and the hotel.) The Inn has front and back covered porches with nice views and the back area is wonderful to hang out in by the fountain and drink wine, socialize or just read a book.
Lots of mermaids, great bartenders and other staff. Fun evening entertainment nearby, must take the shuttle tour (It's WORTH the $20 donation). Loved poking into shops on the main street, just a block away, and I found the prices reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL