The house is beautiful and you can tell the attention to detail as you walk around. Our room which we were told recently had a bathroom renovation had a gorgeous new shower with THREE different shower heads. You had total control, and could work one, any two, or all three at once if you chose to. It was very clean and they provided lots of towels (It always seems like I must ask for extra towels but not here!)
The view from our oceanfront room was great and we watched the sunrise from our bed our first morning there. (See photo). The bed was comfortable and everything we wanted seemed to be provided. We had a little trouble getting the television to work but I called down to the front desk and they came right up and fixed it for us.
The breakfast was buffet style and they had several choices to pick from. The food was good. We also ordered dinner one night and took it back to our room. Just a "club" sandwich, some Brunswick stew and a salad. It was all good. We also enjoyed the social hour treats, some wine, cheese and crackers and salmon.
Location is great, right on the beach, about 2 miles from the downtown historic area, and only a few blocks from the Fort Clinch park entrance.
They even provided beach chairs and umbrellas set up on the beach and they provide beach towels at the front desk. Take a pair of water shoes or flip flops if you plan to go down to the water, there are millions of little shells everywhere and they can get rough on your feet.
The staff here is wonderful. They were friendly and helpful. They made our reservations for the Amelia River Cruise for us. Offered us all kinds of good information and someone is always available if you need them. I was told at check in that the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and if I wanted anything in the middle of the night they would be there to provide it! I did not test this, as I was never in need of anything in the middle of the night! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL