“Great little place”
Review of Rey's Cuban Cafe

Rey's Cuban Cafe
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Fern Park
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Very accesible. Ample parking. Nice outdoor area. Large menu choices, both on food and drinks. Great choices. Plenty of food. Mom had a grilled fish which was amazing. She chose white rice and maduros (sweet plantains). I had the Ropa Vieja (old clothes): shredded beef, white rice, black beans, tostones and fried yuca. Everything was amazing. Top it up with guanábana juice.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Local Cuban place with great food at very reasonable prices. Dh loves the fruit juice mixed with milk for a breakfast smoothie with his meal. Staff is exceptional and remembers us and what I like to drink. Great for breakfast takeout too! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Visiting Orlando for r shopping and checked this app for restaurants. We weren't disappointed! Cuban sandwich for me and liver for my wife. Big portion that she didn't think she could eat but she did! Delicious.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Great local cuban place to get lunch at a reasonable price. The pressed sandwiches and fresh juice were made with quality and love. I highly recommend this restaurant if your in the area. We especially liked the fried yuca with the garlic sauce.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I stopped at Rey's Cuban Cafe for lunch as it was close to the veterinarian and had good reviews. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and is unassuming from both the outside and inside. The decor inside is more of a fast food restaurant than a casual, sit-down establishment. However don't let appearances fool you. The food and service rise above the physical appearance.

I ordered the Palomilla steak with congri (rice with black beans) and sweet plantains. The steak is your typical Cuban style steak and is cut very thin. The steak was seasoned and had grilled onions on top. It was surprisingly good and definitely worth trying. The portions of the steak and plantains were small, however the portion of the rice was enough to feed two people.

My choices were somewhat limited due to my dietary restrictions. They were able to work with me and it was not an issue. The service was good and nothing to complain about. If you are in the area I would recommend Rey's. I would become a repeat customer if it was closer to where I live.