Everglades City Motel(Everglades City)(Great Value!)
US$ 99
Captain's Table Resort(Everglades City)
US$ 113
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Rod and Gun Club(Everglades City)
  • Pool
Glades Haven Cozy Cabins(Everglades City)
  • Restaurant
1,155 results
All reviewskayak tourmangrove tunnelsshared bathroombig cypresseverglades national parkair boatplace to stayindoor poolmorning kayakcontinental breakfaststayed one nighthard boiled eggsfresh fruitold floridanice breakfastroom was largemain building
Reviewed 10 July 2018

On a late April day we pulled in to this hotel. Rooms are airy and large around an indoor pool. The best close-by element is the wharf/dock featuring extra fresh seafood a short walk away. We sat on the porch along the dock munching seafood while we watched boats come and go.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Wanting to Kayak in the Everglades meant we came to Everglades City and the Ivey House for the 1 night. Really off the beaten track but a good location if you want to visit the Everglades. Still having construction work done after damage from Irma but was no problem to us. Room was a good size, not very modern but contained all we needed. Air con unit was noisy but we were able to switch it off during the night and survived with the ceiling fan. Bathroom was small and a bit fausty smelling. Pool is screen covered and is in the middle of the courtyard. We used it on our first evening and water was fine. We only grabbed a few things for breakfast as we headed out for our sunrise kayak tour at 7am. Coffee and tea are available all day. We were surprised to learn that we didn't need to check out at the normal time - as we were kayaking until 12ish - the hotel let us come back and shower - really useful to us. We learnt the hotel has new owners from July so hopefully the restoration work and upgrades bring this hotel up to date.

Room Tip: Courtroom rooms around the pool are the quietest
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This might have been a great option before Irma; however, our room was reeking of mold and my worst suspicions were confirmed when I spent a sleepless night suffocating from the mold gases. I suffer from mold allergy and wish I read previous reviews indicating the extent of the problem. It took me days to recover from the shock to my system. All my clothes were stinking as well.
On top of it all, I had to pay extra for my room in the morning because their exorbitant price includes only two people per room (we had kids with us).

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay if you are visiting Everglades City - comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast, nice swimming pool, and friendly staff. Only reason it doesn’t get five stars is that it is quite expensive for what it is.

Also highly recommend taking a guided kayak safari with the associated Everglades Adventures tour company - one of the highlights of our holiday.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodney S
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Ok, so maybe some people like warm potato chips as their potato choice for breakfast, but not me. I have come to the Ivey House 6 -7 times for over 10 years. The pre-paid breakfast is included in the rate. Food choices and quality have deteriorated with each trip, and now we are at the point where they serve scrambled eggs, white flour biscuits and gravy, trans-fat potato chips, super cheap bread, tasteless orange slices and watermelon. Other problems: Must eat between 7 - 9a. Must use pool before 8pm. Air conditioner must stay on and windows kept open or you will suffocate from the mold. Do not put your clothes in the draw or you will never be free of the smell of mold..At over $160 for per night for a single, in a town where only 2 diner/cafes are open after 6pm and where mold is growing unabated, the entire town is of very low value and possibly dangerous if you are allergic to mold. Also, I was attacked on my bike by an unleashed 70-lb dog named Fred who didn't like the color of my tennis shoes...bring a stick if you go out for a walk or a bike ride. I hope this town and hotel can pull it together quickly as it used to be a really nice place to visit in the winter.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo