1,185 results
All reviews kayak tour everglades national park shark valley indoor pool place to stay continental breakfast stayed one night hard boiled eggs fresh fruit room was large airboat alligators florida lodging accommodations irma fishing
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This might have been a great option before Irma; however, our room was reeking of mold and my worst suspicions were confirmed when I spent a sleepless night suffocating from the mold gases. I suffer from mold allergy and wish I read previous reviews indicating the extent of the problem. It took me days to recover from the shock to my system. All my clothes were stinking as well.
On top of it all, I had to pay extra for my room in the morning because their exorbitant price includes only two people per room (we had kids with us).

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay if you are visiting Everglades City - comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast, nice swimming pool, and friendly staff. Only reason it doesn’t get five stars is that it is quite expensive for what it is.

Also highly recommend taking a guided kayak safari with the associated Everglades Adventures tour company - one of the highlights of our holiday.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rodney S
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Ok, so maybe some people like warm potato chips as their potato choice for breakfast, but not me. I have come to the Ivey House 6 -7 times for over 10 years. The pre-paid breakfast is included in the rate. Food choices and quality have deteriorated with each trip, and now we are at the point where they serve scrambled eggs, white flour biscuits and gravy, trans-fat potato chips, super cheap bread, tasteless orange slices and watermelon. Other problems: Must eat between 7 - 9a. Must use pool before 8pm. Air conditioner must stay on and windows kept open or you will suffocate from the mold. Do not put your clothes in the draw or you will never be free of the smell of mold..At over $160 for per night for a single, in a town where only 2 diner/cafes are open after 6pm and where mold is growing unabated, the entire town is of very low value and possibly dangerous if you are allergic to mold. Also, I was attacked on my bike by an unleashed 70-lb dog named Fred who didn't like the color of my tennis shoes...bring a stick if you go out for a walk or a bike ride. I hope this town and hotel can pull it together quickly as it used to be a really nice place to visit in the winter.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ILoveTraveling2
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We chose the hotel because of its location in the Everglades and we were not disappointed. This time we were just passing through but now that we know about it we will return and go on some of the excursions into the National Park itself.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a kayak tour through The Ivey House and it was brilliant. Our guide DJ was really knowledgable, we saw lots of wildlife and the route was a lovely combination of open water through to deeper in the mangrove swamps. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple