“Serenity at it's best- ideal for romantic getaway or a family get away”

Lakeside Cottage Luxury B&B
Reviewed 11 December 2014

We went to stay at this beautiful cottage for our 3rd wedding anniversary. This was the first time we were staying in a B&B trype accomodation and hence we did not go with very high hopes.
But, we were in for a very nice surprise. This was one of the nicest accomodation we have stayed. Ample of space for our 18 month old son to run around both inside and outside. There was everything in the cottage from coffee machine to 3D tv.
Kaye was very welcoming and baked a beautiful bread for us as well. I would very highly recommend this place to anyone. I am so glad we went. I loved the SUNROOM!!
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Room Tip: There is only one cottage and it is excellent. No need for second thoughts when booking this place.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 December 2014

The property as a whole and the cottage are magnificent, peaceful and welcoming. Such an amazing spot, quiet and relaxing. We spotted some little ducklings cruising around the lake today, its so hard to leave this oasis and head back in the real world! Thanks again Kaye!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2014

I was doing some work near this establishment, saw earlier Tripadvisor reviews and decided to stay here rather than at a nearby motel. It was the right decision!
It is set up very nicely, so although on this occasion I was a single person on business, I could see that it would be a great place to stay with my wife. From quality of the bed & bed linen, spa bath in the room next to the bedroom (with a nice enclosed courtyard just outside) as well as a very nice bathroom with shower, lounge area with again an enclosed all weather outside area, comfortable lounge & kitchen area, it was both really comfortable and functional.
On arrival there was freshly baked bread awaiting, along with camembert, yoghurt, bacon & eggs in the fridge - well enough for a late night dinner and breakfast the next morning.
I had begun my day in Adelaide, flown to Sydney, driven to a client meeting way north in Sydney then flown down to Melbourne and driven to Kilsyth. so I arrived well after 10pm. Even so I was greeted by Kaye, the owner, who showed me around the set up.
Since I was there to work, I was most grateful for the coffee pod machine, armed with a great variety and number of Lavazza pods. (I used at least 8 pods, but my preferred ultra strong was still holding out. )
In the morning I had a great breakfast using the provisions (I didn't use them, but there was a great variety of cereal to choose from) including bacon & eggs makings, orange juice, coffee, that fresh bread - all went down well. And more from that coffee machine.
With the very generous noon check out time I was disappointed that my morning appointment was at 8:30, but even that allowed a brief look around the grounds - which are sumptuous.
If I was being picky, and purely business focused I'd say that it was a bit frilly and romantic, but I am sure that the bulk of the clients who stay here would be in that category anyway! And besides, it was quiet, undisturbed, and let me get some delightful peace and quiet into a jam packed few days.
It would be a great romantic getaway, great pity I was travelling alone.

Room Tip: There is only the one cottage, and you then have the freedom to roam this delightful property.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

amazing!!!!! Just a wonderful place to stay. We stayed here for our wedding night and also had wedding photos taken there during the day. It just spectacular, and Kaye and her family do such a wonderful job keeping it looking beautiful! Thank you Kaye for an excellent stay. The cottage was perfect for our first night as husband and wife, especially relaxing in the spa with a glass of bubbles after a long day!!! The breakfast was delicious too, that bread, yummy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Really nice cottage. Very well presented. The complimentary scones and wine were a bonus. Very close to owners own home. Great views. Very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BenMatt

Been to Lakeside Cottage Luxury B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK