“The best fish dish ever!”
Review of Divieto Ristorante

Divieto Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Estero
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 90
Description: A casual dining experience that provides the quality and service of a fine dining restaurant in a casual, relaxed environment. Offering more than 70 signature Italian dishes, from the ultimate tableside experience where a creamy fettuccine Alfredo is tossed inside a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese wheel, to original fresh salads, grilled-to-perfection steaks and thin-crust-pizzas! Located in Doral and Estero, FL. Open daily for lunch & dinner. COMING SOON Aventura Mall & Destin Commons.
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I was looking to take my student at FGCU out for a nice dinner and he suggested Divietos. I was so impressed! Beautiful decor inside and out, but more importantly the food was outstanding. Both of my children had the fettuccine Alfredo dish that is served in the Cheese wheel....so cool! They both loved it. I had the halibut special served on steamed spinach with a wonderful sauce and some mushrooms. The fish was cooked perfectly, very fresh, no odor and was truly the best fish dish I have ever had. We are looking forward to coming back again soon. The service was also excellent. We were in a hurry and the waiter made sure to get us in and out quickly. There was also nice live music that wasn't too loud...just aded to the pleasant ambiance.

Daniela D, Guest Relations Manager at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hi Laurajean5, thank you not only for taking your time to write this review but also for giving us the chance to impress you with our delicious food and attentive service.
Providing our guests with high quality, delicious food is one of our highest priorities and it is extremely encouraging to know you had the 'best fish dish' you have ever had at Divieto Ristorante.
We hope you can visit us again with more time to enjoy your experience at our restaurant. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner. There was a 45 minute wait at 7:15pm. We took a walk and came back at8pm. The table was waiting for us. The ambience was very particular, in a good way. Hard to describe. Felt good, alive and fun. A great italian singer sang songs as he walked around. We hay the Frutti di Mari and the Linguini Siciliano plus wine. The food was well served and delicious. The singer gave our 12-year old son a chocolate who was wondering around. The singer just looked at us and said- Relax. This is like home. Enjoy. So we all enjoyed the food and experience. I really recommend Divieto.

Hello, thank you very much not only for taking your time to write this review but also for your patience during the wait time. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a great time at our restaurant and it is extremely encouraging to know you all enjoyed your experience at Divieto Ristorante.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Beautifully decorated, great tile floors, nice lighting...

But how about the food? Well... very basic. We visited as a family and ordered multiple items (pastas, soups, salads). I must say none of them were worthy of praise. It was very basic, sometimes lacking sauce and flavor.

Prices are generally higher than other Italian places nearby, at an average of $20-25 per person without drinks.

From 0 to 10: 6. Would not recommend to family and friends.

1  Thank Paulo M
Daniela D, Guest Relations Manager at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi Paulo, providing our guests with high quality, delicious food is one of our highest priorities and we are sorry that your meal did not exceed the expectations you had for our restaurant.
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is extremely important and will help us improve. We know that you have many dining choices and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, two teenaged daughters, and I ate dinner here on our week-long vacation in Estero. We were at Coconut Point Mall checking out the restaurants. The menu looked great so we went inside and were seated immediately. This was a Monday night and not very crowded. The waitress was attentive. Food was delicious - hubby had lobster ravioli which he enjoyed. Younger daughter had the farfalle salmon. Vegetarian daughter ordered the gnocchi special. She loved it! I asked the waitress for chicken suggestions, and she recommended the chicken piccata. It was really scrumptious. Large portions so I came Home with leftovers. Service was excellent. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place and would come back again the next time we are in Estero!

Hi Jojomamabooks, thank you very much not only for taking your time to write this review but also for choosing to dine with us among the many options at Coconut Point Mall.
Providing our guests with high quality, delicious food is one of our highest priorities and we are pleased to know you and your family had the chance to enjoy it.
It is extremely encouraging to know that you would 'wholeheartedly recommend' us, we will definitely work hard to never let you down.
Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Estero.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Divieto Ristorante is probably the most authentic Italian restaurant I’ve been to.

To make this short and sweet:

The food -great, especially the fettuccine that you can get out of the Parmesan wheel; my sister said it was the best and I agree.

I did have to add extra seasoning to my mushroom pasta dish, but everything else made up for it.

The service- top notch

The ambiance- beautiful, but know that the lights are very dim at night.

I would be in trouble if we had this place in my area.

Daniela D, Guest Relations Manager at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi tbell2010, we strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a great time at our restaurant and it is extremely encouraging for you to tell us we are 'probably the most authentic Italian restaurant you’ve been to'. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to everyone on our staff.