Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Hampton.com
US$ 70
US$ 67
Red Roof
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area(Ellenton)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
US$ 62
US$ 67
  • Pool
US$ 66
All reviewsroom was cleanfun restaurantanna maria islandstarting to show its agefreshly baked cookieschoice privilegespet friendly placec worked wellroad noiseoutlet mall and restaurantsnice view of the riverwaffle machinefront desk clerkone night staygreat showernice place to staychecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My family member had accidentally booked an awful Days Inn by Busch Gardens that was so bad we left, even though it was 8:00pm and we were exhausted from a day at the park. Since it's March and "spring break" every hotel within 3 exits of Tampa we went to was booked. Tired and hungry we finally exited for Palmetto, FL and found this Sleep Inn at $109 per night for a king suite with sleeper sofa.

The overall condition of the hotel was acceptable - a bit more attention to detail from the maids would be helpful as there is some dirt building up in corners and such, but other then that nothing bad, and compared to the dump we had left it felt like heaven!

The room was acceptable with a kitchenette and plenty of space, and I saw no evidence of dirt or bugs really. There was some mildew build up in the caulking along the tub but I've come to expect that at every hotel - what is it with the supervisors of housekeepers that they don't equip them with spray bottles of bleach or Tilex and have them bleach out mildew stains?

The only real complaint I had with this property was the free breakfast buffet - man was that food BAD. Pre-packaged muffins were past their expiration date so obviously frozen for a long time, pre-packaged chewy bagels, and the individual cream cheese tubs had also been frozen because it crumbled instead of being smooth when you tried to put it on your bagel.

I get it that the breakfast is included but like anything you do in business and especially in the hospitality industry, do it well or don't do it, or do it on a smaller scale at higher quality. This hotel should consider revamping it's breakfast because although I would stay at this hotel again, I would NOT stay there because of the food.

All in all though, if you are traveling in SW Florida on I-75 and need an option other then Tampa, this wasn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank manchulu
Reviewed 27 February 2012

There is a lot going for this hotel. The room was bright, spacious, and inviting. Though situated almost below the I-75 bridge, the sound did not penetrate the hotel. The hotel backs up to the Manatee River, so ask for a river view.
Though the furnishings were worn, the room was very clean. Some creative soul even arranged the wash cloths in the shape of a swan. If you like to soak in a tub, go elsewhere; there us only a shower.
The breakfast room is cramped. If you want more than the offered continental fare, drive across Hwy 301 to Peaches, the local favorite. It's in s strip mall on the road to the Outlets.
Some older reviews should be ignored

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank justfeltcreative
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Really wanted this hotel to be good, but I was disappointed. Hotel is in a dark scary area. Property is in bad need of upgrades and maintenance. Carpet thoughout is stained and nasty. Rooms smell bad. Afraid to sit on the furniture in room because of all the stains and crud. (On the positive side: Hotel Personel were very very nice and the Breakfast was O K).

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nvky
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We live in this area and had to stay here for 7 nights when the A/C went out in our rental house. You would think that staying there so long, if there was a problem, we would have encountered it, but we did not. I called around for price- and it was the lowest- with the best potential for a view. If you can get a river view, that is nice. We stayed in several different rooms, as we had to check in and out, thinking that the A/C was going to be fixed. All the people at the desk were friendly and knowledgeable. Kathy the manager is really nice, and has put together a great staff. Also, they have a lot of complimentary toiletries at the desk that you might have forgotten- toothbrush, makeup remover towlettes... I really liked the soap and shampoo, also. The quality and availablity of these little items were up to par or better than a Sheraton or Hilton, I think. Two great hotel amenities are the Wi-Fi in the room which worked really well, and the free breakfast. It wasn't an extravagant spread- but there was something for everyone- for free. We found the rooms to be very clean, a little small- but par for this sort of hotel. The pool was very small- that was the only down side- and the deep end was very deep for such a small pool, but there wasn't much room for a pool, anyway. Bottom line, anyone who comes in town to visit us who can't afford to stay on the beach, we will definitely suggest staying at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kokopelia
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Stayed at this Sleep Inn what was supposed to be only 1 night, but turned out to be 2 nights instead because of a rain delay in the golf tournament i was participating. I called about 3 weeks ahead and booked my room for $62 a night which i think was a 20% discount. I think this might have been a group rate eventhough my group was staying at this hotel. The group rate at the Hampton across the street was $99. I opted for the cheaper. After reading the reviews online before going, i was a little sceptical about the place, but once i got there and checked into my room, everything was fine. I was given a room facing the street and i asked if i could possibly have a room facing the water for somewhat of a view and i got one with no problem. Plus i was checking in around 10:30am which i know what very early. Liz at the front desk was very helpful. The room was clean. The bed was comfy. The tv worked fine. The air was cold. The view was nice-better than a parking lot. The bathroom was a little dark as i thought there was a light out, but after a second look i think the "light" was actually a bathroom fan and the only light was the one in the shower. The shower was nice--it was a design i hadn't seem before-plenty of room, new and clean. The continental breakfast in the AM was just enough. Bagels, Muffins and Fruit. Didn't really need anymore. The only thing that might have been a downfall for the hotel, not so much for me was the location. You can see the hotel very clearly as you drive north on I-75 going over the river, but it is a little tricky to find once you get off the interstate because it is tucked back in there. I didn't have a problem, but some might. After i got rained out from the golf tournament, i headed back to the hotel to try to get the same rate, which i did and i also brought another person with me. Overall, my experience was great. With the hotel, i really didn't have any negatives. I have stayed in many hotels across the world because of my golfing career and this hotel was just fine.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business