All reviewsscreened in porchmodern motelsmall kitchenettetwo queen bedsaccommodationsboat
Reviewed 17 April 2012

If you have any doubt that you're in Florida, that doubt will be dispelled when you see the inn. It was probably built in the early 50's and has been maintained reasonably well. We stayed in the Safari Room, and I really wish I had had a hand in decorating that room! EVERYTHING was African-themed. The room was smallish but it did have a tiny kitchen/seating area. There was a great life-sized statue of the Blues Brothers out front which melded perfectly with the funky atmosphere of the place.

Two minor flaws: In a place so individually decorated as this, I would have liked to have met the owner/manager, and the only obvious employee had only been there 4 months and knew nothing about the hotel. The other minor inconvenience was that the mattress on the bed was a tad less than adequate. It was okay for a single nights' stay, but if you stay any longer than that, you might be sorry.

All in all, we were happy to have stayed there, and would go back again, gladly.

Room Tip: Go on-line to view the available rooms. We chose the Safari Room based on it's motif.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank perielf000
Reviewed 7 January 2012

If you intend to take a spring or summer trip tubing on the amazing Rainbow River, or canoeing & kayaking during the colder months, this motel is only minutes away and will evoke memories of the old Route 66 motels of days long gone. The hotel is shockingly pink. A towering statue of the "blues brothers" (thank you John Belucci!) welcomes you at the entrance. Each of the rooms has a distinct theme. We rented the unit #9, which is a duplex room filled with palm tree kitsch of every variety and unit #8 which had a wine kitsch theme. Each unit has an adjoining full kitchen and living room with a flat screen TV. Turn on the shower a few minutes before you want hot water. But the rooms are so cozy and crammed with furniture it felt like home, or at least home when I was younger. It was a welcome break from the strip malls and comfort inn/days inn generic steamroller that has taken over America. The only problem with our stay, was the discovery of a huge Palmetto bug sharing the bed of my teenage daughter's friend. We could hear the screams through the walls. But, it seems that this was a good season for the big 'ol bugs, so I'm not sure what management could have done. Too much insecticide is not good either. But maybe opening the bed linens daily and inspecting, wouldn't be too much to ask.

Room Tip: Take a look at several rooms. Each has it's own personality. Except for the bug we discovered, I must say, the hotel is sparkling clean and the rooms just smell good, without that excessive Pinesol or Lysol smell you find in some of the roadside inns.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jonathan I
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The room was dirty, small, crammed with furniture and misrepresented. The beds were hard as rock and the linens needed to be replaced. The owners were rude and lied to us. They called us at our event to pay them even though we had gauranteed with a credit card and our on had stayed in the room the night before and payed ahead. When we didn't want to leae our event and come "right then so they could go to bed" to sign the receipt they charged us $3 extra to run the bill. The room was not the room we asked for as we were expecting a room that was divided to accommodate 4 adults which we were paying extra for. When we asked to change rooms they told us there weren't any een though there were no cars in the parking lot at the time or the next morning. HUH?The bathroom was so small you could barely close the door to use the toilet. YIKES!!! little lizards crawled across the floor among other creepiness. Find another place...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dianne W
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Due to my work schedule I have to travel in the evenings most of the time.So although I reached Two Rivers Inn after midnight I was still greeted with a warm goodmorning and a smile.The gentleman promptly checked me in,pointed me to my room,and informed me( because I was traveling with children )that the coming Saturday was a winterfest and snow was being brought in along with a community festival.Well after getting a great nights sleep in room 9 we decided to stay for the festival.He went out of his way to give us all the info we needed as far as food,stores etc....You really must stay to believe such a place exists .With clean rooms,friendly staff and a great location in the heart of the historic district..THUMBS UP FROM A VERY HAPPY FAMILY!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9 family of 4.The room was very clean and roomy.I would chose it again
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank j k
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I scheduled a trip to Dunnellon to meet an appointment on November 25th. Accordingly, I made a reservation at this inn and guaranteed it with a credit card. Deslpite speaking with my contact in the a.m. that our appointment was still on, after driving 126 miles, I stopped to dine, I called the person to find that he had canceled our meeting without informing me.

This was around 6:30 pm, and with another 90 miles to drive for a useless venture, I called
Two Rivers to cancel my guaranteed reservation, knowing that the room probably would not be rented, I expected to be charged a forfeiture fee or full price for the room. I found very pleasantly that the management could not have been more decent and canceled the reservation without cost.

Two Rivers Inn brought the bible verse to mind "Do unto others as you have them do unto you." the personel of Two rivers went that far and beyond. Be assured if ever in that vacinity, I will make it a point to go out of my way to stay at Two Rivers.
[---]