Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 151
US$ 147
US$ 140
HIExpress.com
US$ 135
US$ 126
Palm Court Motel(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 77
US$ 153
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I had the pleasure to stay at The Garden Cottage for 2 weeks July 16 to July 31st 2011. This was one of the best vacations I'v had. If your looking for a quiet and tranquil place with great accommodations, THIS IS IT! The views from her private dock watching the sunset on the ocean where breathtaking. The spacious cute cottage feels like a home away from home. All the beaches (Clearwater,Caladesi or Honeymoon Island) are only a couple of miles away. The town of Dunedin is a must see. Charming local shops and a stop for Homemade IceCream (Yummy!) make for a great day. This is truly the best place to stay. Sherry Lindquist Lincoln, Nebraska

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We found the cottages here on trip advisor--at the time there was only one review (thanks tripina!)--which I still can't believe--what a wonderful find! We stayed in the sweetheart cottage--yellow cottage--very cozy and private, tastefully decorated with attention to detail and amenities (see their website for pictures). We especially enjoyed the tropical garden terrace which lit up at night, and the view of sunsets from the private dock just a short walk away. Wherever we travel, I always try and seek out local places with character, cozy and private, the cottages perfectly fit the bill (and were affordable...a slight splurge for us since we have children but well worth the value).

The location is perfect--a few minutes away by car or foot to charming downtown Dunedin and great restaurants, and very close to Honeymoon Island / Caladesi, and other local islands/beaches. It would be a great home base for daytrips to local attractions (we were there for a quick 4 day weekend trip to Homosassa Springs, Weeki Wachee, Honeymoon Island) including Tampa, Clearwater and the surrounding area, or just a nice setting to relax.

The owner was very accommodating, I contacted her just two nights before our arrival. She was friendly and helpful (suggested a few nearby activities such as the Dunedin waterpark for our daughter), but unobtrusive, which is exactly what we prefer (she was also very helpful in returning an item I left).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank swfeken
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I visit family in Dunedin area every year...my cousin was nice enough to stop & check out Dunedin Cottages for me. I stayed in the Garden Cottage above the garage. Absolutely gorgeous, clean & tidy, beautiful view of water & osprey nest, spent every morning enjoying my coffee on privately owned dock...and evening cocktails too!! I would recommend the Dunedin Cottage to any travel who wants the most for their money & enjoys a home away from home. I had the best vacation this year - great weather every day & great place to relax & enjoy when I wasn't on the beach! There is also a wonderful nail/spa business within walking distance (across from Holiday Express) that you must try!!! I will be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank FLBeachBumEveryMay
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Wow, did we luck out. I booked this sight unseen on the web from my home 3000 miles away. We stayed here for a long weekend in the Sweetheart cottage and there was nothing lacking; the house was extremely well equipped. Located on an old gravel road facing St. Joseph's Sound and surrounded by stately old estates, very private and romantic. Our cottage was behind the main house and it really was just steps to the water. Our intention was to make this our home base while we explored beaches and visited friends, but we changed our plans and instead stayed here to relax, read books, and enjoy every sunset from the private pier. We've stayed in other places near here and expected some funkiness in exchange for charm, but we were surprised to find the cottage to be extremely clean, charming and comfortable. Modern (not moldy!), central air conditioning and appliances inside, with private, shady or sunny outdoor patios. Free wifi, cable, dvd and cd player. The setting is a stunner. Wildlife and water birds abound. We watched an osprey family feed their babies fish that jumped in front of us. Dunedin is also a charmer. Great farmer's market, bike trails, restaurants and shops. We looked at the other apartment they offer in between guests and we'd also stay there. The owner was gracious, responsive and respectful. This place is perfect for a family, romance getaway or like us, two good friends in need of an affordable, memorable, relaxing getaway. Not a rowdy, 'young' place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple