“Second Home”
Review of Destin

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Houston, Texas
16 helpful votes
“Second Home”
Reviewed 16 January 2008

I am a Houston native, but I lived in Destin for about three years. I also visit there about once a year. I graduated from Ft. Walton Beach, (six miles from Destin) high school.

Destin has white beautiful sand and clear blue/green water.

I recommend that you eat at the Back Porch. I waited tables there for a little while and the food is decently priced and tasty. The view is even better. It is situated on the beach and they usually have the windows open.

Another tip. You are only about a 30 minute drive from Watercolor and Seaside. Go to Seaside and rent bikes. It is about 20 bucks for four hours and you can bicycle all along the streets and in the back of Watercolor where there are trails.

We have stayed at the Best Western in Destin twice. It is clean, inexpensive and in a good location across the street from the beach.

Go to the Donut Hole for breakfast, and I recommend Harbor Docks for lunch. Harbor Docks is on the bay and has a great view. Both restaurants have decent prices, Donut Hole is inexpensive.

I recommend AJ's for drinks and don't forget to walk along the docks.

Also, go to Baytowne Warfe and take the courtesy boat over. They have neat little shops and restaurants. Fun for the kids if it is during the day. Not so much at night.

Silver Sands outlet mall does have decent prices and I do recommend parasailing.

3 Thank BethanyKScanlon
Georgia
13 helpful votes
“White Sands on the Gulf Coast”
Reviewed 15 January 2008

San Destin is a wonderful place to get away to on the gulf coast.
October & November is a quiter time, with the weather mild.
There are plenty of hotels or condos for rent, so you want find a easier place to get a place to stay.
We used a friends timeshare this past November(2007). The hotels are very nice in the area & we have use them on earlier visits. This is a great place just to go to and relax, with wonderful beachs to take those nice morning or evening walks on. I would tell anyone who needed to get away for some quite time that this is a great place to do so in the fall. There are alot of great places to eat out if you so desire.

1 Thank GeorgiaDeacon
Little Rock
1 helpful vote
“Destin Fla. is nice”
Reviewed 7 November 2007

Went 6/16/07. Beauitful water and white beaches ( not that wide though). Would go back, had a great time !! If you go to a popular resturant, go eat EARLY in the evening or you will wait in line 2 hours !!

1 Thank Arkansas50
Edmonton, Canada
27 helpful votes
“The most beautiful beaches ANYWHERE”
Reviewed 10 September 2007

The area of Destin, San Destin and Santa Rosa Beach has some of the the most beautiful beaches I have ever been on. The sand is like icing sugar, the water warm and clean, with an abundance of sea life.....(you may or may not like that). If you are looking for a beach vacation where the beach and weather is all you are interested in, this is the place to go. The beaches by the large hotels are quite crowded, however if you head farther east towards Santa Rosa Beach or Grayton beach there are large stretches of beach where there is NO ONE. I have always gone there in spring or early fall, so it is quiet, I do however understand that it gets busy in the summer.

Cheers & Enjoy

1 Thank whatalife
LOUISVILLE, KY
20 helpful votes
“Beautiful White Sand Beach”
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Hi, we just returned from Destin Florida and it was absolutely beautiful.. The white sand beach and the emerald green water made the trip. I have been to several beaches and this has to be one of the best. We loved Destin.. There is also so much to do in the area that our week was over before we ever had a shot at getting bored. (How can you be bored with the ocean anyway)
Lots to do, fun for the entire family and beautiful beaches.

1 Thank TRAVELMOMS2

Been to Destin? Share your experiences!