“Wedding Guests Had Great Experience”

SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel was fabulous for our wedding guests. They gave us really low prices for the spring season. Our guests who stayed more days than were in the reserved block got the group discounted rate for all of the days they stayed. The customer service was wonderful. They extended the deadline for booking and added rooms to our block without us even asking. The location is close to lots of things to do including walking distance to the beach. Our guests really appreciated the free continental breakfast every morning. We were completely happy with our booking experience and our guests seemed to really enjoy their stay there. We highly recommend this hotel for wedding guests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

First - again - CONGRATULATIONS! We love being a part of ya'lls special day - and it truly was a pleasure having all of your guests here with us! As an independent hotel - we have the freedom to customize your guests experience in a way that many hotels do not have the freedom to do - and to hear that we accomplished our task of making all of your wedding guests feel just as special as the bride and groom - well that is what fires us up and keeps us smiling day after day - so thank you for sharing this with us! Please do let us know if you will be returning to the area to celebrate your anniversary as we would love to help make this experience just as magical as your wedding weekend!

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My boyfriend and I were visiting Destin for the first time and were looking for a cheaper option than a hotel on the beach. This hotel is perfect! It is VERY clean and the service was wonderful! It is located across the street from the beach and even though you have to cross the highway it was a quick 3 minute walk to the public access point (FYI - to get to the public access point you just cross the street and turn left once you get to the beachfront hotels, walk down the road until you reach the end). We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to request a top room - you will get views of the ocean :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JusineS

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at SummerPlace Inn. We believe in providing an incredible experience - at a fair price - and when we hear we have accomplished that - there is nothing that makes us prouder! Our location and easy access to the Destin beaches is a definite plus of our little hotel - especially since the condos that are beachfront all typically requre 7+ nights booked or more to gain their beachfront access. With our location - not only can you see the Gulf of Mexico - but as you already noted - it is literally just a matter of minutes and you are at the beach - directly across from the hotel! I will also be sure to share about your experience with our staff and the cleanliness at the hotel - as this will be something the entire staff will want to share a smile about! Thanks again!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a very nice and clean hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The only thing I was a little bummed about is that the hotel is on the approach for the local airport. I'm not a fan of planes flying directly overhead so that would be the only reason for not staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Hacketttj
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing about your experience here at SummerPlace Inn. I know approaching planes can seem daunting - but the good news is - these are all small private jets - and because the hotel is built of solid concrete - noise is not an issue we typically encounter. I can also assure you that there has never been an incident in Destin where a plane has flown into one of the condos or hotels. I am glad to hear that everything as far as accommodations was great during your stay. If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to call us directly at 850-650-8003.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife and I arrived at night. We had reservations thru an online travel site. The hotel was 3 or 4 floors high, so we were glad they had a nice and speedy elevator. The room was a king standard. There was plenty of room for both of us . The bed's mattress was excellant and pillows plush. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave. The view from most king standard rooms looks out back over a soccer field. The king deluxe view looks across parking lot and the road to the other condos on the beachside. This hotel is easy to find and central to shopping and resturants. The breakfast area on 1st floor was roomy and comfortable with tv. The food selection was spartain as can be expected with a continintal breakfast. We had waffles both mornings, made with premixed batter in a waffle iron. Also had boiled eggs , cereal , milk , and juice. Offerings varied slightly each morning and service was good on cleaning and refilling empty food containers. Overall this hotel provides a great room for a good price with good service. My only complaint was the lack of luggage trolleys. I was told upon check in they had some, but they were all in use.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billshelley2

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of SummerPlace Inn! Your kind words about our hotel are much appreciated. I do want to let you know that we have ordered another luggage cart - making 5 available to our guests - in hopes that we can have more in rotation assuring no guests are left without the use of a luggage cart at checkout/checkin. Additionally, our breakfast also offers Eggs and Sausage, Oatmeal, and Biscuits and Gravy - but these are made available on a rotating basis in addiiton to all the standard continental items and waffles served daily. I hope that on your next visit - you will be able to try some of our new breakfast selections!

Best Regards,
Mistelle Langen,G eneral Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I just recently got back from my last college spring break and was more than happy I stayed at Summer Place Inn. I'm extremely OCD about hotels and being dirty but since I am in college I had to stay in my price range. When I found SPI I was skeptical because it was such a good price but after reading the reviews I was going for it. There were seven in our group and we booked a double queen. Realizing we needed more room the staff was more than happy to help us a upgrade for a good price.

It was great to have the beach across the streets. The go-kart tracks literally are next door and lots of shopping and restaurants within driving distance, some walking. I would definitely recommend SPI to anyone I know. Me and my group also want to give a BIG thank you to Jeff!!! He was helpful from the week before we got there until the day we left.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicole H
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

I am so glad you guys had a great spring break! I also want to thank you for acknowledging Jeff for his outstanding service. That is what we are about at SummerPlace Inn - not just saying you will get great service - but delivering it every day - above and beyond what one can expect. We hope to see you again next year!