All reviewsback porchinside parkingbeach set upscovered parkinglarge living roomgreat beach serviceevery summernever stay anywhere elsebeachfront condoplace to stayzero entryice machineexcellent condohave stayed here several timesspring breakhear the wavesfamily vacation
Reviewed 10 May 2007

I love this property. Not too many units (72 total) and all of them are excellent. Directly on the Destin beach; very close to The Back Porch, The Track, and other favorite Destin locations.
There's a stoplight in front on 98 so turning left or right is a breeze.
All units are 2 br. The master br has its own bath and balcony. All units have a full kitchen with coffee maker, microwave, stove, fridge (with ice maker), auto dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. All the comforts of home. + a great location!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Baked_again
Reviewed 2 August 2006

I go on and make arrangements for an annual girls beach trip. We stayed here in '05 and are getting ready to leave for our trip this year (Aug. '06). We've never stayed in the same place twice til now. It works out really well here because they have two condos (304 & 305) that adjoin. They are VERY spacious and the carpet is wonderful (I want it for my house). They have a built in ice machine and anything in the kitchen you could need. The master bath has a jacuzzi tub. The furniture in the living rooms are so comfortable and so are the beds. Each condo sleeps 8 - 2B/2B. I can't say not one thing bad about the condos! If I could change anything, it would be the balconies. They're huge but they're kinda closed in and they have no ventilation so it's sorta too hot to stay out there for any length of time. The pool area could be better. It's just your basic pool and it's set back from the beach where you can't really see the beach from the pool. Other than these two small issues (plus the wish for a tiki bar onsight! lol), I would recommend these condos to anyone!! They're just really nice and they are convenient to everything. Their website is (---) if you wanna check it out.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Tomaloma
Reviewed 24 June 2006

Howdy,
I can give you an review of Gulfgate. My family and I just returned from a one week stay (June 10th-17th) in unit 202. WOW! What a great place. The unit was a 2BR with title floors and granite countertops and very well maintained.
The beach is really nice. On all days there were no crowds what so ever. Resorts on either side were way more crowded and were three deep in umbrellas, not Gulfgate, one row. We had no issues with the balcony (30 foot!) since the railing was quite high.
You have an amusement park right across the street with rides for the little ones and the Backporch (decent food) is a walk away.
The only draw back was the lack of supplies in the unit and the front desks refusal to give us more toliet paper!
We are planning to go back next year and rent the same unit 202.
I am sometimes hard to please, but Gulfgate exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

8  Thank Mosaix1