All reviewsback porchinside parkingbeach set upscovered parkinglarge living roomgreat beach serviceevery summernever stay anywhere elsebeachfront condoplace to stayzero entryice machineexcellent condohave stayed here several timesspring breakhear the wavesfamily vacation
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife and I along with my brother in law and sister in law stayed at the Destin Gulfgate from 8/18 - 8/25. We have been to the Destin area several times but this was the first time at the Destin Gulfgate. The condo we rented (unit 601) was very clean and everything worked fine. There were ceiling fans in the living room and both bedrooms which we found very helpful. The unit was at the east end of the building which we felt was a plus as there was no foot traffic past the unit on the cat walk. In addition, the unit had an indoor parking spot, which was very important to us given the hot weather. The balcony was wide and comfortable and it great being right over the beach. The only somewhat negative comment I would have would be that the matresses were extremely soft and not particularly good for bad backs.

The complex has a pool and a small gazebo area where beer or soda can be purchased. Quite frankly, neither was very impressive. The pool area is very small with relatively few chairs and the gazebo area is not much of anything. The freezer for ice cream/etc. was not working. I understand that they are planning a major overhaul/upgrade of this area in October and, in my opinion, it is needed.

On the other hand, who cares about the pool/gazebo when you have such a gorgeous beach! The complex is right on the beach and it is very easily accessible. Two chairs and an umbrella are included with the rental. Since we were two couples, we purchased a second set up which was only $20.00/day. The beach attendant was very friendly/attentive and the beach was kept very clean. Since it is a small complex, there are not multiple rows of set ups and it never felt like everyone was on top of each other. The set ups are right by the water which was also very nice.

All in all a great stay in a nice facility on a world class beach. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank stanatl
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

This was my first vist to Gulfgate. I Love the location, right on the beach, no road to cross, just take the elavator down and walk out the building onto the Beautiful white sandy beach. the front desk staff is very helpful and friendly, eager to help. The beach attendant is Fabulous!! He woks very hard each day to accommodate each guest. Each morning you go to the beach attendant to reserve a "spot" on the beach, 2 chairs and an umbrella, included with condo rental. The beach chairs are the sling type not the padded lay flat type. There are enough chairs for each condo, the earlier you check in with the attendant the closer to the condo you will be. There is a Very famous castle designer on Mondays, provided by the condo, to teach everyone to build beautiful castles. Make sure you look through his picture book to see his famous work. There is a "toy box" full of beach toys and rafts. This box is located just to the left of the board walk when you enter the beach. Check here before purchasing rafts, boogie boards, buckets and shovels. You can walk on the beach to the back porch to do parasailing and to ride the banana boat, very convenient! You can also walk across the street to the Track and ride go carts, play put put golf and many other activities. So the location is Great! The condo was clean and had everything that we needed and wanted. I love the fact that we brought home all clean clothes because of the full size washer and dryer in the condo. The balcony, the faced the beach, was Huge! I also loved the covered parking!
The only thing that was disappointing was the pool!!! If you want a nice pool, this is Not it! I guess space is limited and this was the best they could do. Everything else was Great!!
Book early the front staff to me that they are usually booked full 3 months ahead.
Destin Beaches are the Best in the United States!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank LoLoCanGo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Last week we stayed at the Destin Gulfgate in Destin, Florida. This was approximately our 15th visit to the Gulfgate. Obviously, we love coming here! We can't imagine staying anyplace else every summer on our vacation to the beach. Each year we stay in different units and have found all of them to be beautifully decorated and comfortable. The units are always clean when we arrive. Some have a little better and/or more cooking supplies in the kitchen than others but everything we need is usually available. Each unit has a stocked kitchen, laundry room, beautiful family room, dining room, bedrooms and balcony overlooking the ocean. The view could not be better - absolutely gorgeous! The office staff is very nice and the beach chair set up staff is nice and helpful as well. The beaches are kept very clean and the water is just beautiful. When we get ready to leave, we know that it won't be long before we are planning our next trip to stay here again. I highly recommend these beautiful condos for families, couples or small groups of friends who want to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All units are ocean front. Look at the online photos to choose a unit that appeals to you!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank deborahrj
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place is amazing for one key reason- breathtaking views of the gulf...we were in condo 506 which was nicely done with all the amenities in place. Access to the beach is wonderful, the beach chairs need a revamp but the beach attendant is hardworking and makes sure everyone is comfortable.

Smoking seems like a city wide problem in Destin....and definitely a nuisance if you have little kids and try to sit at your balcony or beach to enjoy the beautiful gulf breeze but instead have to inhale smoke from every condo and every beach chair in your vicinity!

Room Tip: Condo 506 is really nice...It's at the corner and has great city views in addition to the gulf view.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pony101
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We have been staying at this resort for over 6 years. I have hosted my bachelorette weekend, baby shower, family vacations and celebrated birthdays here. Everything has always been beyond perfect however this visit we experienced another tenant blasting music into the bayside pool area from their balcony. After making several calls to complain to management, they refused to do anything stating that it was before 10 pm and there are no noise ordinance rules in place therefore the tenant was not violating any rules. As I stood on my balcony so the woman could hear how loud the music was, she had the nerve to say "Oh, that sounds nice." Seriously?? I was forced to call the local sheriff's department and file a complaint. Great use of tax payer's money. The point is, stay here at your own risk. If all goes well you will have an incredible time. If you have any issues it will fall on deaf ears.

Room Tip: July is extremely busy and apparently attracts inconsiderate guests. Bayside is more convenient if you have kids. Stay on a higher floor to avoid noise from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family