“Service sucks!”

and 1 more site!
Sterling Sands Condominiums
Ranked #41 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I will say I've been to Destin a few times and this was our first time staying at Sterling sands. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, but besides that, I think we got ripped off with their so called "cleaning fees"..we had to pay extra $200 for "trashing" their condos. fYI- we had to buy our own of everything, from toilet papers, to napkins, to trash bags. When we checked out, we wiped down the kitchen, I even made the bed . We booked 2 rooms and got one in 3rd and the other on the 6th floor! It was alot of work trying to get back and forth to both rooms because the elevator was very slow! I will say that I will NEVER stay here again! One more thing, their high speed Internet is not so high speed at all!

Room Tip: Not a fan here
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Gettmoney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sterling Sands Condominiums

Reviewed 10 June 2011

I would just like to say, the condo it self was wonderful. Beautiful and well cleaned, was not disappointed. The staff on the other hand was horrible. The day we checked in, they were of no help, the day we got stuck in the elevator (day of check-in) the staff was unconcerned, including the manager who's response was "everyone gets stuck in the elevator at some point". Asked for some sort of discount, we were told that was not possible, they could not do that, it was not the owners fault. The day we checked out, they were rude and the front desk clerk had no clue as to what he was doing. We did manage to enjoy ourselves despite the rudeness and hope to go back to Destin another day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank scullydad
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed at Sterling Sands for 10 days. Traveled with a large group (36 total) eight families, two with younger kids but mostly teenagers. Booked room directly through Sterling Resorts and I will say got a terrific rate. Booked the larger 2 bd/2 ba Dlx "Platnuim" unit. Asked for the nicest possible finishes over a specific floor/view. Arrived and was shown was had to be the ugliest room in the building. MOST DEFINATELY WAS NOT PLATNUIM, WASN'T EVEN SILVER! Even my 18 year old son was mortified by the unit. (Shag carpet or rug of some sort, laminate countertops, very dark older looking wood cabinets, and I will admit I didn't go into the master, sent my son in to look at the master and he said no way.) Went to the front desk and was initially told that there were no other rooms. Wanted to immediately leave. Asked to see a manager and was given a different room. This one was better, but not great. Travertine tile throughout, granite counters, fluffy couches, and upgraded bathrooms. It did have those tacky mirrored walls and the bed in the master was a rock! Slept terrible for 10 days. The unit was also not cleaned very well at all. I am not usually super picky but have stayed at Silver Beach Towers and Destin Towers and there rooms were much cleaner and had nicer finishes. My unit was 813 and my sister was in 809 and I do have to say her room was beautiful and very clean.

So onto the things I really liked about Sterling Sands. The resort is a low rise style and therefore, they have a huge expanse of beach front, which we took full advantage of with such a large group. Got the chair/umbrella set up one day and that was very nice and in-expensive. The set-up guy also drilled holes for our umbrellas on the day we didn't get the set up. That is always appreciated. The pool and hot tub were both cleaned daily. I also really liked the fitness room and especially the patio area which is adjacent to the fitness room. We used it a lot for get togethers and that was very nice. They had a large garbage can there and there is a bathroom in the fitness room, so that worked very well for us.

Would I recommend this condo to a friend? Yes, during high season where you can be assured beach space. But during low season I would definately recommend somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mandiero
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Booked over the phone. Upon arrival, discovered we were booked at Sterling Shores not Sterling Sands. We had stayed at Sterling Sands before and wanted to stay there again. Called the 866-5resorts # and explained it to them. They moved our reservations and we were in the room within 5 minutes and it was 10:00 at night!!!!! Fantastic service from very friendly people. Enjoyed the free movie rentals. Asked the front desk staff for recommendations on eating and were given some fantastic ones! They also told me about a new store opened at the outlet malls. They could not have been any nicer!!! This was our 2nd stay here and will not be the last. Thank you Sterling Sands for an outstanding holiday weekend!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lfcpf
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Our unit was first class. We stayed in Unit # 110. It was a two bedroom, two bath unit.
However, TD #5 caused the red flag to be displayed at the beach the last five days we were there. Received an outstanding rate of $150.00 per day. Would definitely rent again.
One tid bit of advice: If you want to rent a free DVD movie, make sure you visit the office before it closes at 5pm, because the DVD's are in a box inside the office and they lock the office when they leave at 5pm.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple