“Best steamed shrimp & key lime pies”
Review of Skippers Seafood

Skippers Seafood
Ranked #138 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Remember- only open during "season", have cash, know what you want, get in & out fast! If you need "coddling", recipes or suggestions, contact me. Don't hold up the line for this family run business!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Love stopping by here and getting shrimp for a fast easy supper - no waiting in lines - they steam it right here and to the level of spiciness you prefer.

1  Thank melissawicha
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Cash only! Lady behind counter was telling another customer there was an ATM around the corner. I'm sure they don't want to pay the fees associated with credit card transactions. Thankfully we had cash on hand.

Shrimp was $18/lb. We bought almost 2 pounds and made peel and eat ourselves at the condo as well as scampi. It was fresh and tasty when we cooked it the following day.

We also got the "smoked" tuna dip based on other reviewers. I didn't check the ingredient list until AFTER we ate it with crackers that night on the beach. I was disheartened to read "liquid smoke" in the ingredients along with several preservatives. My belly does not do well with that and sure enough it was upset the next morning. My husband however is not sensitive to those ingredients and he did fine with it. It does say the tuna is "smoked tuna" but why add the liquid smoke??

Next time we are in Destin we will be trying one of the other seafood markets.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Having visited Skippers for 15 years. I can tell you... there are no better people... nor better smoked Tuna dip and steamed shrimp than Skippers on the Emerald Coast! This family is a matter of fact but get what you pay for kind of place! Love them!!!!!

2  Thank Theresa S
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Excellent seafood market and everyone is right... GET THE SMOKED TUNA DIP! We had shrimp, bay scallops, and the tuna dip. Eveerything was excellent and we all loved the smoked tuna dip. The staff is friendly, service is quick, and the seafood was excellent. They cooked the shrimp right there at the market, so that I didnt have to mess with it at our condo. I will definitely come back for an excellent and reasonably priced DIY fresh seafood dinner!

2  Thank W S