“Excellent Chicken Marsala - Mimmo's Way”

Mimmo's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #7 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I am always a little skeptical of any restaurant in the parking lot of a strip mall with an open sign in the front window. With that being said I was blown away when I walked thru the front door....my skepticism disappeared. The deco on the inside was beautiful as was the hostess! The menu was vast and well written. Ordered a plate of calamari and a Old fashioned and thoroughly enjoyed both of the. The Chicken Marsala dish was truly flavorful with a marsala sauce that I have never tasted before. Truly delightful dining experience at Mimmo's please visit them when you are in Destin as I am sure that we will when we are in the area visiting again!!

Meghan H, Owner at Mimmo's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Thank you so much for your gracious review! We're happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you join us again soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mimmo's Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Recommended when we checked into our hotel down the street. Counter person said it was their favorite restaurant. We agree the food and service were very good. We sat outside and were quite comfortable. I don't remember what we ate now since it's been a couple weeks but do remember it was good and not too expensive.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so happy that we were able to live up to the hotels recommendation! We look forward to having you join us again on your next visit to the beach!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived there early but without any reservation. We were told we an get a table immediately but we have to be done within an hour as it is reserved for someone else. Honestly this was the very first time I encountered a time limit offer from a restaurant but it seemed fair and honest thus we took it, especially that we reviewed their menu online so we already knew what to get.
So here it comes:
Frutti do mare 5/5 - perfect, no comment needed
Arugula salad 2/5 - begs for more things in it! Basically arugula leaves with 3 cherry tomatoes, some Parmesan, sauce and lemon slices. Needs at least onions.. At least!
Mimmos house special chicken.. 6/5! OMG! I'm a cook by passion, travelled many countries of the world, tasted myriad of cuisines and they still were able to surprise me with their 'house special sauce'. Extremely good and rare taste!
Veal santimbocca 5/5 - no news here although the dish is perfected at this venue! Trust me I've been to Italy multiple times.
In overall.. We did make it in time.. And we did enjoy it greatly! The only small improvement could be the salad but otherwise it was top notch! Thank you for accommodating us!

1  Thank Pablo_Hudini

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! We're so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience....even in a time crunch! Thank you for understanding that there were reservations in place, otherwise you would've been more than welcome to stay as long as you wanted. We thank you again & hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Pizza and veal piccata are the only two dishes I have ever ordered from this wonderful Italian restaurant; these dishes are so exceptionally delicious, I always order one or the other,
My wife has ordered other dishes and they seem to be equally good.
I give this the highest rating because the food consistently is as good as you could ask for with service of equal value

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We're are so happy to hear that we are able to provide you with a consistent dining experience! Thank you again & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Every time I visit Mimmo's, no matter how busy they are, the pasta is ALWAYS perfectly cooked Al Dente! Absolutely love this restaurant, food and service perfect!

Thank you so much for your kind words & repeat patronage! We truly appreciate you! We look forward to having you join us again soon!