“Go somewhere else.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Inn on Destin Harbor
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Go somewhere else.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

There are plenty of places to choose from in Destin. Pick somewhere other than here. My overall experience wasn't the worst I've had, but still pretty bad. First thing, when I walked into the bathroom I found a used Mr. Clean magic eraser on the toilet. Disgusting. I don't know where that's been. Second, when we were going to bed I pulled my pillow up to find a baby bottle, with what looked like chocolate milk left wedged between the mattress and the wall, right next to my face. Not to mention, considering the curdled state of the milk, it looked like it had been there a while. Lastly, when we went to check out, (my husband had told the clerk prior to check in that we would be paying in cash) they had run our card already. Not only did it inconvenience us because we had to wait 4 days to get the refund, we had to give them our cash and because of their mistake we were running very low on spending money. Overall not the best hotel experience for the money we paid.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank rosered00
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Lakewood, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We booked this hotel because it was pet friendly. Not so friendly with cleaning the garbage facility they had on the 6x6 foot pet area. We were there for 3 nights and I asked them to empty the overflowing pet garbage and it never happened. Other people just let their pets "go" on the sides of the parking lot. Rooms were old, bathroom was incredibly small. Smallest one I have ever stayed in. Note: Do NOT stay in a room located by the ice machine. EARLY in the morning, people load up their coolers for the day and then there is no ice left for the rest of us. Would I stay again? Probably not.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CEASHELLS
Fruita, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at the Inn on Destin Harbor while on a fishing trip with some friends and family. We picked the place because of its close proximity to the harbor fleet, restaurants, nightlife, etc. It is a good central location but being right off the main road traffic and street noise can be an issue. The rooms are adequate albeit a bit dirty and dated and the bathroom is quite small if you are sharing a room. We had rooms on the top floor with balconies and a nice view across the harbor. The service was pretty good and the staff friendly. The free wine and Champaign happy hours in the evening were a nice bonus. For the price we paid for the rooms here I was expecting a little bit more all-around though. I probably will not stay here again; I think there are better options in Destin. Might be worth a look if you can get a discounted rate.

Room Tip: The rooms with harbor views are worth paying a little extra
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank David H
Gulf Shores, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We decided on Inn on Harbour due to location. We only live two hrs away, and we go to Destin quite often just to get away for a night or two. We knew this was a pretty mediocore place, however we thought we would give it a try anyway.. VERY disappointing. Very tiny room and bathroom. We found hair in our bed when we pulled back the covers, hair in bathtub, along with a half empty bottle of shampoo, and stains on the toilet seat which looked like urine spots. Very gross!!! The girl at the front desk was super nice, however when she pulled up our room number and saw that we did not book through them (we booked on priceline) she let me know she really couldn't do anything since we didn't book there, but she would have the Manager call me in the morning. Needless to say, when we checked out, the Manager still wasn't in, but she would have him call me... 2 weeks later, still no call.. Never would we stay there again, what a shame, they have a great location and great view of the harbour.. .... and we won't even talk about all of the huge roaches, water bugs, palmetto bugs, what ever you prefer to call them.. :(

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sloan06
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Everything was nice BUT…

I’ve been going to Destin every year for the past 6 years. We have stayed at many different places including some that were high end and some that were very low end. On the high end I would place The Emerald Grande at Harbor walk village. And to the low I would say the Motel 6 fills that spot. We have stayed at a few in the in-between and I’d say the Inn on Destin Harbor is someplace towards the bottom side of the middle.

We stayed at the Inn on Destin Harbor located directly on the harbor side of highway 98 close to harbor walk village for 2 nights. We found the place nice upon our initial arrival. The staff were nice enough and were eager to accommodate. We arrived on a day when they were offering free champagne and enjoyed a few glasses in the sitting area just off the lobby. The views overlooking the harbor and their very nice pool and deck area were just beautiful and couldn’t have been more perfect. The lobby was clean and seemed a little better than the average hotel especially considering the views.

“The BUT”

We nestled in to our room and found it to be just o.k., nothing spectacular just good enough. The linens were clean and the beds were made nicely. When I went to sit on the bed I nearly hit the bottom under-supports. The mattress’s were a bit on the cheap feeling side but I was so tired I didn’t care this was definitely no Hampton or Hilton but I was also not charged the Hampton or Hilton rate either. There was an adequate 27 inch tube style television and a small fridge. Another issue we had as we went to plug in our 2012 technology items, there were only 2 outlets in the entire room, one behind the television which was barely accessible, and one in the bathroom next to the sink, dangerous and a big problem for us. I wish I had brought an extension cord and a power strip.

Other issues we had or should I say I had is one you wouldn’t readily think about, the toilet. The toilet and I were in a constant battle because it was let’s just say, less than accommodating. It was extremely small so for those of you with long legs or a big rear area you may have some trouble with this as I did. On the other hand if you are a child or a thin woman or maybe 5’4’’ or less you may be ok. How I got around this obstacle was by doing what every other man seemed to have to do, use the lobby restroom. The restroom in the lobby was up to date and very 2012 and almost seemed as if there were some secret club of men who belonged to this bathroom. It was adequate and seemed to always have enough of the necessary items. And guys walked in and out head held low as to not draw attention to themselves. Just thought you may want to know in case you are very tall or large.
Other issues included a less than adequate air conditioner. It cycled the entire night and was always on the highest setting. We had to sleep without any blankets and nearly naked just to stay cool.

Other than these issues and based entirely on the price this hotel offers and its good location I think I would stay again. I would definitely bring my fan, power cord and port o let.

Room Tip: I would rather have stayed on the habor side of this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family