Inn on Destin Harbor
US$ 252
US$ 244
BestWestern.com
US$ 299
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$ 239
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$ 284
US$ 420
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$ 265
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$ 212
US$ 280
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Home2 Suites by Hilton Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$ 366
US$ 354
All reviewsharbor view roommarina cafenice lobbycontinental breakfastolder hotelrestaurants and barswalking distanceyogurtdolphinsnightlifeharborwalkboardwalk
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We were on a belated Anniversary road trip and ended up staying the night in Destin. Of course we arrived after dark with no reservation but checking in was not a problem at all. This is not a 4 star resort but it was a very comfortable nights rest. I would definitely stay here again for the price, even without making a reservation it was only $65.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We've stayed here on three separate occasions at different times of year (Fall, Summer, and Winter), the staff has always been really friendly, and the Harbor-view rooms have gorgeous views. The bathrooms could definitely use some updating (though the vanities look to have been updated in the past few years since they have granite countertops), the pool area needs more shaded areas during the summer-time and I wish they would change their smoking policy. The smoking policy states no smoking in your rooms, but from what I understood you can smoke on your balcony. There were people in our hallway who were not only smoking on their balcony, but leaving their balcony doors open so the smell of smoke permeated through their room and into the hall.

We used to live in Destin so we really like the location (walking distance to McGuire's, AJs, and KJs, just to name a few), it's close to Louisiana Lagniappe, and it's only a short drive to the beach. It doesn't include a hot breakfast, but it does have a good assortment of cereals, yogurt, pastries and even toaster waffles. I also love their complementary wine and champagne evenings. All-in-all, yes it's an older hotel in need of some TLC, but we still love staying here when we're in town.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a harbor-view room, that is one of the best things about this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our timing was fabulous: we got a Harbor View (for the Street-view price) the night of the Christmas Boat Parade followed by fireworks and had a wonderful seat on our balcony for my husband, some friends, and me. We were also given a bottle of champagne upon arrival (I have not a clue why). The pool wasn't heated in the winter so couldn't use it. As we were driving away after checkout, the outside was being painted. The beach is so tiny I would not say it is on a beach.

Room Tip: ASK FOR A HARBOR VIEW! To stay in a place on the harbor and face the street would be a bummer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoodKarmaTraveler
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The reception area and the rear of the hotel are well maintained, but the room and balcony we were given were slightly grubby and in need of refurbishment. The sliding door to our balcony had no lock, was covered in dirt and didn't actually slide open without lifting it up.

The beds were fairly comfortable and there's a decent selection at breakfast, although quite how the scrambled eggs resembled and tasted like air I'll never quite understand.

Beware that quite a lot of the local bars and restaurants in Destin are closed between January and the start of March. Golf at the local Kelly Plantation is HIGHLY recommended, and the two girls on reception were very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank alexdodo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

WOW I realize this was a 2 1/2 star hotel; if nothing else I expect for the room to be clean and odor free. We checked in and the room had a bad odor like mildew in it, when you sat on the bed you sunk in the middle, you had to climb out. The bathroom is so tiny you could barely turn around in it. The best thing about this hotel is the view which was very beautiful. Also the management staff was excellent in trying to assist us. They were overbooked and that create just a mess. We called and complained and they actually changed our room to a room with chipped paint all over the balcony and dead bugs in the bathroom. So keep in mind we have just driven from Chicago and are really exhausted. We talk to the manager and he offers to give us a free night and champagne if we stay. Well we figure we would try to deal with the originial room with the odor and the rooms weren't very clean at all. Oh don't let me forgot none of the room have hangers in them. So we proceed to go back to the 1st room, open the balcony door so I am not overwhelmed by the odor-we figure it is only 2 days we will deal with it. Well we get up the next morning (or at least my husband did I didn't sleep at all), and the water is off - we can't shower. OMG I had it - we checked out immediately and went to the Holiday Inn on the Beach - which was very nice and the room smelled wonderful. If the price was $40-$50 ok maybe, but they were asking as high as $149 per night. Give me a break - I would be super pissed had I paid $149 for this room. There are plenty of hotels in Destin that are much better than this. I am sorry management and staff may have been very nice but the hotel should at least be clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple