“Good place for the budget couple”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
arwhit10
“Good place for the budget couple”
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

We were leary but quite honestly this place isn't so bad. We were on our honeyoon (which we paid for ourselves). If you want lavish life then go on but for a hotel that takes care of what you need AND close to the beach then its perfect. The walk is very quick kind of like an adventure but very quick. The hotel staff is very sweet (they try with what they have, not their fault). The rooms are clean (floors not soo much) just wear flip flops. If you think this place is bad then you are too big of a pompous snob and don't deserve to vacation. Breakfast not great...but there's always room for improvement. Just a little more TLC and this place could be 3 star. Best of luck and thank you for the stay!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank arwhit10
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come on TripAdvisor and record your review. Your comments were well said. We may not be the most luxurious property in the area but we do offer a good product to folks looking for beach access without having to drive or cross a highway. Congratulations and good luck!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Old is one thing. Dirty is another. Carpet was stained and dirty. Floor corners dirty. Area around toilet not clean. Bathroom sink coming off wall. Bad outlets. Stained bedding. Terribly old pillows. Pictures so old they were bending and crinkling. Someone else's stuff still in refrigerator. Whole room just made you feel dirty. We went out and bought Lysol immediately. Housekeeping needs lessons on how to clean thoroughly. Housekeeping also STOLE items from our room (out of bags) when they came to replace towels and make beds. TERRIBLE place to stay. Only good thing was the location. Would not recommend this place to anyone except maybe a spring breaker who wouldn't care. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. It could be such a nice place if properly run and updated. So much potential. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED in the accomodations and very upset that our privacy was invaded after items were stolen. There's no excuse for being dirty even in an old hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose this Ramada. What you see online is not always what you get.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the review on TripAdvisor. I will say that I was not happy to hear of your experiences at the hotel and have shared your observations with everyone involved. We have used this as a training opportunity to “see things from the guest point of view”. As we continue to improve, please allow us another chance to have you as a guest.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel during spring break for four days. Thinking of the fine reputation of this chain of hotels my expectations were reasonable, however, it was extremely dirty, both the inside and outside of the rooms. The couch had missing the seat pillows and had dried liquid stains, not sure of what. Most rooms had college students on spring break so it was very very loud at night, lots of alcohol and trash in the parking lot and halls. First night I reported the loud noise, the gentleman at the counter who identified himself as the manager stated to me it was “spring break” and did nothing about the noise. Second issue I had, when I checked in I paid in full for the four days, however, they charged my card twice. When I brought it up to their attention the next day, the Manager stated that these things “happen” and was unsympathetic and told me I had to bring it up to the bank and there was nothing they can you about it. Eventually I contacted the bank and they stated the Hotel need it to initiate the credit on my card. I won’t be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Oxford, Georgia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4days and 3 nights. We didn't stay in our rooms much. Of course just in the mornings to get ready for our day. At mid day if we wanted to take a nap. And rarely at night since we were either fishing or taking night photos off the beach. The Room was Clean. Couch was fine, Bed was clean.. no bugs.. no fleas or bed bugs. Bathroom was clean.. bug free as well. Bed was alright.. not as comfortable as my own but that was expected. I did have to ask for an extra pillow and the maid was nice enough to give me two. We kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door but every morning when we stepped out of our room the maid on our floor would ask if we needed anything.. I appreciated that. We did not deal with the front desk staff very much and when we did they were polite. They didn't have a first aide kit, but dollar general is a walking distance away. The outlet is a walking distance too, as well as the beach. We enjoyed the walk to the beach and my only complaint about that would have to be the overgrown bushes and "stuff" on the sides of the pathway. The pool didn't look like it was cleaned on a daily so we didn't get in the pool. It wasn't disgusting but not clean either. We only had breakfast there once and it was fine.. except for the Orange Juice. Something about it was just not right. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Overall I would not mind returning. I didn't have any of the bad experiences that some people did. The place is a bit old so don't expect too much. Other than that I had a good stay.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask to be placed away from the elevators. You can hear the elevator be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina X
Terrytown, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I really do not understand how this place is still in business. Our hotel room was filthy,the couch was broken and the carpet matted. My son actually got sick from all the germs and we had to take him to the urgent care. The beach "access" is a ramp made of broken wood with nails sticking out. It is a long trek to the beack. The "breakfast" was stale bagles, muffins and weak coffee. Not even the creamers were fresh. Please look elsewhere for your family's saftey.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family