“This Is Real Italian”

Ranked #47 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Northern Italian cuisine featuring Guglielmo's famous Italian fare! Known for his Seafood and Homemade pastas with full bar and live entertainment on weekends! Popular for Rehearsal Dinners and parties of all kinds.
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Ask for Pete as your waiter. This is our go to Italian Restaurant in Destin. Atmosphere has a feel of an outdoor patio in Italy. The service is A1 and the food is the best. We started with Bruschetta that is very nice. For dinner I had Pappardelle with meat sauce but at Petes suggestion substituted angel hair pasta. My partner had Raviolo Portofino. Both dishes came out of the kitchen presented well on the plate. The flavors said ITALY. Pete was his usual self there whenever we needed anything but not hovering over the table. For desert we had Italian Cheesecake and again it was rich and full of flavor. I topped my meal off with a limoncello. The tart taste was a great finish to our meal. I would call ahead for reservations they do become crowded.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I have to admit, I was reluctant to eat Italian food while at the beach. I am one who usually eats seafood the entire time I am near water but I was with a group and went with the flow. We were a party of 10, including 4 teenagers. The inside of the restaurant was gorgeous! It is designed to look and feel as if you are outside, in a courtyard. There is a beautiful sky painted above and a nice fountain. The service was fantastic, especially considering the size of our party. I split a grouper piccata with my mom and it was delicious so, I had seafood after all! The caesar salad was also good though there was a hair in it. My son accidentally ordered the lasagna, not realizing it had meat in it so that was the only disappointing thing but it was his fault, not the restaurant's. The restaurant was clean and friendly and I would eat there again.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

We were looking for Italian food, not a chain, but not pizza either. The portions weren't as large as I've received at other similar restaurants and our teenager wound up ordering a pizza anyway. Each dinner we ordered, 3 of us in our part of the party, spent almost $55. No salad, no appetizers, water to drink. The food was delicious and service was pretty good. It would have been a better setting for a couple on a romantic date, not a group of 5 females looking for something different.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

We looked for an Italian restaurant in Destin and there were not to many listed, a lot of pizza places but I was hoping for some really good Italian dishes so we chose Tuscany, I will say they have a good happy hour. The bread they served us was more like bricks, very hard so I ordered the their special which was much better, Caesar salad was good tho huge and I ordered the veal marsala, wife ordered pasta with mussels and mom ordered a pasta dish with chicken and meatballs, it was not anything special that you wouldn't find at Olive Garden or Carabba's. When I told the waiter about how tuff my veal was he got upset, I couldn't eat it, like shoe leather so he brought me 2 more pieces and they were the same....tuff like they had been frozen and microwaved to death. I have had this dish many times at other restaurants so I know good veal when I get it, this was not. All in all it was an ok evening but nothing special and it could have been much better. Waiter never said anything about my veal dish ???
Will keep searching ......

1  Thank stormy49
Reviewed 12 March 2016

I have visited Destin multiple times a year, for the last 15 years and had passed by Tuscany Italian Bistro, but never stopped. We had a girl's trip and decided to stop after shopping at the outlet mall.

There was a 30 minute wait, but it was totally worth it. My friend and I both wanted Chicken alfredo and asked to split the meal. They do not allow that, but did allow us to order the kid's portion. It was delicious! Some of the best alfredo I've ever had.

The bread and dipping sauce was to die for! Wonderful garlic/butter dip. I could come back just for that!

The owner and wait staff were incredibly friendly and very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire dinner.