“Great Authentic Italian Food”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #104 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hours Of Operation: Monday 11 Am- 10 Pm Tuesday 11 Am- 10 Pm Wednesday 11 Am- 10 Pm Thursday 11 Am- 10 Pm Friday 11 Am- 10 Pm Saturday 11 Am- 10 Pm Sunday 11 Am- 10 Pm
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Only the second time we have been here and won't be the last. This is as close to authentic Italian food as you can get. You have to get a side of the home made gnocchi, it's the best I have ever had. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The prices are alittle high but the meal will be well worth it!

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed this restaurant. The views are amazing from the 2nd floor restaurant overlooking the harbor. The service was good and I had no issues.

The food was awesome! They serve authentic home made Italian food and it's made fresh. The price is a little high but still reasonable. The lasagna is the best I've had and the sauce was very flavorful. The calzone was huge and baked fresh. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want a good Italian meal and want amazing ocean views.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

The interior dining has no AC so it's very hot inside. The outdoor dining is much more comfortable and provides a beautiful view of the water. Tables are kinda cramp together so walking space through the dining area is limited. There was only one waitress and she was working very hard. The food was Ok. The chicken tenders tasted cheap. We also had the two foot pizza, which is huge and can feed 4 people. The cannolis were pretty good. The restrooms needed attention as well, but being that I only saw one employee, I'm sure she was very overwhelmed. Pizza is great but the establishment needs to hire more people and rethink the layout and get AC for inside dining.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

We went here with a party of nine. The food was outrageous and not great. Our server was the worst. He tipped himself on our bill and therefore figured he didn't have to come back once food was served. No drinks refilled and half of food came after others were done eating. We spent over 100.00 just on pizza as nothing else was worth money they charged. We will not be back for sure. First night out of eating there and it was the worst. Save your money and go to McGuire's across the street.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We always eat at La Familia every year when we come to Destin. I guess we discovered it at least 8 or 10 years ago. It is so AUTHENTIC. Most of the staff are from Italy. I just love hearing them tell about the "specials". I love the lobster ravioli. My son has tried several dishes and has never been disappointed. We all love their pizza but usually come and get it as a take out another night during our Destin stay. But the real "must have" is their tiramisu. I have ordered this in many restaurants, but here it is like no other. It is so light and the texture is just perfect. It is not too strong, not too sweet, but simply divine! We always get it with coffee at the end of the meal. I will dream about it until next year!!