“Fantastic!”
Caribbean Dunes Hot Tub
Community BBQ grills
Camill'es in walking distance
Caribbean Dunes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

We go to Caribbean Dunes every year and will continue! Great location but also very quite and private. Very clean and well taken care of. Highly recommended for beach lovers!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Heidi F
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Would stay at Caribbean Dunes again, but not in this unit!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Overall, my husband & I had a nice time - despite picking the rainiest weekend to stay in Destin! I will say that "nice time" was mostly spent away from this condo.

It is very convenient to the beach - right across the street - and we appreciated the amenities/discounts provided, though we didn't get to use them this trip due to the weather.

We noted a couple of significant problems that should be addressed. The shower, while it provided plenty of hot water, had very little water pressure. The bed in the master bedroom was incredibly noisy (as in, I can wake the neighbors every time I turn over) and is in need of new mattresses. It might also be a benefit to have a good pest control company come spray - we killed our fair share of bugs (silverfish, spiders and - eek - a giant roach) in only 2 nights at the condo. If you stay in this complex, I'd also recommend getting a 2nd floor room. We were lucky - our neighbors weren't walking around after 1am, but every step they took above us echoed through our condo.
The service I booked through, Destin Getaways, was wonderful. I would use them again, but I definitely won't be staying at this particular condo.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bugs!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
21 Aug 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review and we appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, due to it being the rainiest weekend in Destin, the bugs like to find a place to go inside and get away from the rain. (Please note that the condo has been sprayed for bugs since.) It does help to prevent them if you leave the sliding doors closed being that the condo is on the ground level. The owner has purchased a new mattress for the bed as well as a new couch. We hope to have you back again!

Management

Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Management Response
8 Aug 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the condo and everything that it had to offer.

Unfortunately, as the rental agreement states, we cannot guarantee check-in to any property until 4 PM. Although the condo was cleaned, it still needed to be thoroughly inspected before we are able to allow anyone entry. I understand where you are coming from; however, the front desk agent was running the office on that Sunday and is not the person to do the pre-arrival inspections. In the future, please understand that we cannot guarantee entry until 4PM and if that is an issue, then I would suggest having something planned until 4 PM so that you are not sitting at the property waiting.

The owner has had the condo sprayed for bugs as well.

Management
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Day at the Beach”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Loved the accommodations the property provided. Easy access to the beach. Clean environment & friendly staff. More than anything I loved how the property was centered around the beach, sites, shopping & eateries.

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing