“all the heart eyes”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Crystia
Highland Village, Texas
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a terrible experience with this condo. We have been going to Destin for 10 years and have never ever been so disappointed. The AC in this unit didn't work from day one. Newman Dailey sent a repairman in to look at it and nothing changed. He said he added freon and said the coils definately need to be cleaned but didn't clean them. We were all miserable the entire stay. No one slept the entire week.

My nieces were supposed to sleep on the pullout couch and when we took it out, the springs were broken and unusable. The management company got them a blow up mattress. The pullout couch was filthy and food and whatever else was in the couch. So disgusting. The couch also was so filthy no one would sit on it.

The carpet was literally black in the living room. You couldn't walk in there without shoes on. Management company said they'd send someone out to clean but we never saw them.

The bedroom with 2 twin beds was an absolute joke. I went to bed the first 2 nights ad immediately got a pounding headache. We found out the 2nd night it was because my head was way lower than my feet. Guys came to look at it and said the box spring was broken so they got another one. Asked them to check the other twin and they said that one was even worse. They said they got the last box springs in Destin and would have to get from Panama City. Never saw that boxspring either. We were all drenched in sweat the entire stay. My mom paid premium for this condo and we were miserable the entire stay. I could go on and on but these were the main things.

I feel the management company could have done more to have this owner do the right thing. They gave a small discount to my Mom but that's not enough for a miserable stay. Ownership apparently just changed and no one is willing to do anything. Maybe before you buy a condo, make sure you make it livable before renting it out. Purely disgusted. We all were and will certainly revisit how we book next year and who we book with.

My Mom and Stepfather don't go to the beach and stay in the condo all day. It was so miserable for them and I feel so sorry for them. We look forward to this trip all year and this is what we all got.

Management Response
6 Jul 2017
Thank you for your recent review of Jade East Condo 1740. We are disappointed you had these issues during your stay. We’re glad the A/C repairman was able to come out and at least get the temperature down to 72 degrees until a thorough cleaning can take place. We have shared your comments with the Property Manager and Director of Housekeeping. The property manager informed us the sofa sleeper has been repaired and both box springs have been replaced in the twin room. We’re sorry this condo did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance to earn your patronage.
Reviewed 3 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
MS
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great views but only fair inside”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

I've stayed at Jade East for several years and like it. This unit was only fair.

Pros: the condo has great views from 17th floor master bedroom and great room.

Cons: seems quite worn from wear, e.g. cabinets, mattresses, curtains are stained, etc. Also, this is the most spartan in terms of few pots and pans especially, e.g. teapot had no top.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
19 Jul 2013
Thank you for your review and I apologize that the unit wasn't adequately stocked in the kitchen. That is something we require, so we have restocked the kitchen with some new pots and pans.
We have also forwarded the information to the homeowner about the mattresses. The kitchen cabinets are only a few years old, and once thoroughly polished they look great!
Thanks,
Jessica Hill, Property Manager
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing