“Maravilla #4204”
Review of Maravilla

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband booked Maravilla 4204 at the last minute for a (too short) 3 night stay for my birthday. I think my husband overpaid for the nightly rate. It would have been a bargain if we could have stayed a full week. The cleaning fee was obviously well spent because the place was pristine and spotlessly clean.

The location is fantastic, close to some nice dining and shopping but best of all, just steps away from an absolutely magical stretch of beach, just mesmerizing!

The unit is nicely appointed with comfy furnishings and a full service kitchen. Which was great because we got to take away some of Sarah K's amazing food and have a romantic dinner our first night. There was plenty of towels, paper towels and toilet paper for our stay and there was hand soap in the bathrooms. The high speed internet was a great bonus. We hooked up our laptop to the TV and were able to watch our Netflix movies on the large, flat screen in the late evening. The bed was a brick, so we had some aches and pains and the hot tub was out of commission. Had my husband known that before booking, we'd have gone elsewhere.

The unit is pet friendly but we didn't bring our dog. You wouldn't know there ever was a pet in that unit, it's very clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrabell

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I rented this unit with Rene at www.beachcondosindestin.com. They were fantastic easy to deal with and sent accurate information for entering the property and finding the keys to the condo. They were awesome. I chose this resort and condo because it was pet friendly. It did rain the entire weekend but we were able to enjoy the outlet mall, Destin Common shopping area and the wonderful restaurants.

Here is my take:
Check in/check out a breeze
Location-Not on the beach, but directly across the 2 lane highway, condo was walking distance to the beach. Our condo did not have a gulf view but I was aware of that before I booked.
Resort Grounds -Very quite and clean two pools and the hot-tub was awesome

Here is where it goes a little bad for me:
Since my first stay in Destin my family and I have booked condos, getting me to stay in hotels now is a fight. I knew when I saw the key bolt on the door we were in trouble it was old and rusty (I know not a big deal). The condo itself was exactly as the pictures showed, the condo could use a very detailed cleaning and updates done immediately, walls were filthy need painting badly. Air vents are rusty and dusty, shower head in bathroom old, with the area above the shower peeling. The condo has the cottage cheese ceilings which of course I thought could be asbestos, but I am sure that is not the case (at least I hope not). The soap and dishwashing liquid was so old that it was actually separating. I am so glad I brought my own with me. I was really afraid to use certain items because they just looked real old and unsanitary. Sofa dusty, pillows in closet I did not use. The stove had aluminum foil on the burners???? Since it rained we were in the room more than we desired the channels to view on the TV were limited very limited …

Now I understand that what I listed may not matter to most, but I pay good money for condos because I want to be comfortable and enjoy a clean environment. I don’t think I got my money’s worth this time. Will I use Maravilla again? Yes, just not this particular Unit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lexusgirl
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Soap for both bathrooms
Shampoo and Conditioner
Diswahsing and laundry detergent
Sponge to wash dishes
Bleach to get the white countertops clean / or cleaner
(also to clean the outside table and chairs)
Extra paper towels and toilet paper
Paper plates, plastic forks & knives.
Hair dryer
Coffe, tea and filters
Foil paper and spray cooking oil
Zip lock baggies - all sizes and twisty ties for chip bags.
Beach towels

Take a flashlight if you want to walk at night on the beach.
Take a light jacket - not a bad idea.
Quiet hours end at 8am - expect to be awoken by barking dogs.

Snokeling - don't pay for the tours - they just take you to the jetties under the bridge that you can easily drive to.
Take a boat ride. We liked Boogies. Saw a plenty of Dolphins and fed seaguls from the boat.
Get your beach chairs before 9am - I think the guy is already setting up at 8:30.
I believe all Maravilla condos get free chair rentals and they go fast on weekends.
The pool by the beach is not heated - the other one is.

People there like to excersise in the morning take your running shoes.
Surprised so many healthy people (upscale group), yet not very many healthy restaurants around.
No loud spring breakers, families and people in their semi-golden years.

Not the Ritz Carlton.
If you are expecting granite countertops with down comforters you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Sharon111
Reviewed 29 November 2009

My family of 4 spent 1 week in Destin at Maravilla. We booked our condo through Southern Resorts. We had to switch condos as there was construction taking place right outside our doors on a stairwell and the noise was unbearable. Southern Resorts was great about moving us, Maurie was the person we worked with.

We were very statisfied with both units. The second unit had a great view of the beach from the living room and the master bedroom. It was great waking up to that view.

Our units did not allow pets but other units in the complex did.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family