“A+Hospitality/Staff”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Destin, Florida
“A+Hospitality/Staff”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here for 18 days during a move transition. The staff was by far the best I have ever encountered in our 22+ yrs of military moves/travel. They are more helpful, and friendly than any place we have stayed. The only cons I can mention had little to do with service..the location is convenient, but I do wish there was a lounge area, especially for extended stay situations, and an area with tables, however, The kitchenettes are nicely stocked with all you need to make a meal, and the free laundry was a huge help...gym had nice equipment...But anything I needed they went way beyond the call of duty to accomodate, and help.....customer service makes up for most of the minor inadequacies....

Room Tip: Upper floors quieter, suites are better than studios...more living space for extended stay, but if y...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn N
Keith M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I agree with you completely....we do have a great staff and they are helpful and friendly. After 22+ years of Military travel you must be an expert! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and allowing us the opportunity to be your home away from home. We are so happy that you liked our Free laundry and we're pleased with the Fitness Center equipment. You are absolutely right about the need for an area with tables to lounge and sit around . We do have an area located outside by our pool that has seating for approximately 15 people. This is also the area where our Free to guest use Bar-B-Que grills are located. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Keith Myers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our vacation in Destin and it was better then a 5 star hotel.. I would say if you are coming to Mirama beach stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Kim D
Wow! What a Great comment! Thank you for the 5 Star+ rating. Our staff are all 5 Star+ associates and the reason that our guests love our hotel. Thank you from everyone here at the Candlewood Suites Destin-San Destin-Miramar Beach hotel. Hope to see you again soon!
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I've recently relocated to the area and stayed here for over a month with my pet and have nothing negative to say about the place. The GM, Keith, made sure to personally welcome me and inquired constantly on what could be done to better my experience.

If you're looking for the hotel with a perfect mixture of amenities, price and customer service, - this is your place. Housekeeping once a week, was perfectly fine. If you wanted it more often, then learn to pick up after yourself - your mother doesn't work here, sorry.

If you want pet policies to be more loose - then stay at a Motel 6 and enjoy the smell and noise. Otherwise, I think their pet policies were fair and I was happy to oblige to insure the quality of stay for all the guests.

I can easily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, I would recommend asking for a room closest to an exit.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank DF_TX
Congratulations on relocating to our area. We know you will love our Southern Hospitality and the most beautiful Beaches in the world! We we're glad you we're able to take advantage of our extended stay prices and amenities such as free laundry and Full Kitchens in every room. Our pet policy allows guests the freedom to bring their best friend, keeping them company and making certain that we are truly your home away from home. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while you we're looking for your new home!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a WONDERFUL HOTEL!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing hotel accommodations!!!!!! The staff here is incredible!!!! Keith the GM is a GREAT leader of this team and it shows in every way! Everyone is so nice and always going above and beyond to make sure each and every guest is taken care of and was happy with their stay. They make you feel like you are family! I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel a few months ago during an extended business trip. This hotel is perfect for guests needing to stay a night or for a month as I did. My suite was equipped with everything…this was my home away from home….really!!!!! My suite had a full kitchen with everything I needed to cook with, iron ironing board, hair dryer, DVD player, I-pod station, business center! Free laundry facility, great location and my suite overlooked a golf course…what a treat! The beautiful beachs in Destin were only a few miles away! I melted when I slipped into my pillow top queen size bed!!! To top all of this off…I was also rewarded with Priority Club Rewards!!!!! This is Destin’s best kept secret…I’m sure this new hotel sells out really fast so I’d recommend making your reservations as soon as possible to experience THE BEST HOTEL IN DESTIN!!!!!!

Room Tip: They don't have a reataurant on site but there are two wondeful restaurants within walking dista...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Martha S
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! You have described our location, hotel, staff and amenities better than we could have described it ourselves. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of serving you again in the very near future! Your Home Away from Home. Candlewood Suites-Destin-San Destin-Miramar Beach.

Trussville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have been staying here as a business traveler 1 week per month for several months now and I absolutely love this hotel. Keith and Charlie have been fantastic and are always personable, happy and very professional. I love when I stay at a hotel and I can converse with the staff about family, pets and anything in general like they are a friend. They are wonderful about my travel companion (my dog) and have the best pet policy I have ever seen. This month I stayed for 8 nights and brought down my mother and my daughter (3). They both had a blast. This hotel has been fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. BTW another great feature I found on my recent trip with the fam, the washers and dryers are free.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tanner S
Keith M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review. It pleases us all that you felt so comfortable during your business trips that you decided to bring your family back for some quality leisure time. It is great that your family had such a good time. Our friendly pet policy helps many of our guests make the choice to stay with us for business and pleasure. So glad you found our free washers and dryers. Additionally WIFI is free, along with our professional business center, free DVD lending library and free top of the line propane gas grills in our covered poolside cabana.Thank you again for all of your stays. We look forward to seeing you again soon!