All reviews great location front desk atlantic avenue free parking one bedroom suite yogurt free breakfast hot tub shops and restaurants full kitchen ocean view two blocks king bed cleaning staff nice pool sitting area downtown area
Reviewed 19 December 2015

great place to be centrally located in DelRay. Beach is just a block away. Food and shopping all around. Offer a great breakfast (free) every morning and have a full kitchen if your day was too much at the beach. Publix will deliver here for groceries too. great pool and very very clean.

Room Tip: best view on the upper floors....the corner suites are roomier...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BNK3
Mercedes D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Hi BNK3,
We strive to provide service so memorable to all of our guests. It is pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn. Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the upcoming year!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I am a platinum Marriott member and checked in on a not busy Sunday night. Front desk person was exceptionally nice. She said there were no one bedroom rooms available and all she had was a queen bed studio. So we went to this room on the fourth floor. The elevators are all scratched up and semi decrepit- they move ever so slowly. It looks like they added new carpeting since our last visit two years ago. Our room was an old-style room and it just was not great. Uncomfortable bed, hard pillows and most important to us, the Internet didn't work at all in our room except for my laptop. When I called the front desk, they suggested I call the Internet company. After an hour on the phone with them, they couldn't fix it. The front desk woman came to my room with her Samsung phone and found a signal. Both my iPhone and my iPad couldn't get any signal. So we had to do without Internet for one business night – not good. When I went to take a shower the next morning neither the sink nor the shower had any hot water. The breakfast was fine, and then I went to check out. The front desk woman asked me how my stay was, and I told her we had no Internet and no hot water, and she said "maybe next time you'll get a better room". The hotel has a fantastic location, but I think they're resting on the laurels of this location and not putting the money into the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again they recommend you look elsewhere as well for any price. VERY DISAPPOINTING !!

Room Tip: Room 1100 is the best one bedroom suite in the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sockster

Hi Sockster,
Let me first begin by saying thank you for being a loyal Platinum Marriott customer. We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Residence Inn. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I also would like to apologize for the response given to you by one of our front desks agents during your check out. I can assure you that situations such as this, do not occur on a regular basis. Through feedback like yours, we are able to take steps to improve on our customer service and overall hotel appearance. I hope you allow us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

For better or worse I sleep 180-200 nights a year in a hotel - and most of them, at a Marriott property. I have earned the highest level of Marriotts reward program - "Platinum" - and I travel so much, I've earned "Platinum for life". This doesnt make me a better person - just a person that knows Marriott pretty well.

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Residence Inn in Delray Beach - and I think its important to know what the property is - and what it isnt. Understand that this is Residence Inn - not a full service hotel. Though its priced like a full-service property -it isnt. Its a Residence Inn. Its a perfectly fine Residence Inn - and as they go - this is a pretty nice one. However, what you do get, compared to a Residence Inn near the airport is a property just a few short blocks from a very nice beach, a property smack dab in the middle of the active Atlantic Avenue scene and a property with a very nice pool. We found the facility to be clean and fresh, the studio rooms were large and accommodating. The hotel staff was engaging and friendly. We'll be back for another weekend get-a-way in the near future. Close to the beach, good room and plenty of nice restaurants just a short walk away.

One very odd thing that I've never encountered before at a modern US hotel was the hot water on the shower. Typically you turn the faucet all the way to one side to get the hot water going - then slowly turn it back until you reach the desired temperature. But in our room it was impossible to titrate the temperature ... it was either too hot ... or too cold. There was no in-between. We mentioned it to the front desk and the well meaning desk clerk said something about local water regulations. I wasn't going to argue with her - but I doubted Delray Beach law says the water has to be either too hot, or too cold. I'll update my review if I find the weird shower situation to have been an isolated event.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wisailer
Mercedes D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Hi Wisailer,

We, as a hotel truly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Family as a Platinum Elite Member. I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing stay at the Residence Inn. Please accept my apology for the water temperature issue that you encountered and for the response from the front desk regarding the situation. We always want our guests to experience 100% satisfaction during their stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Very nice hotel all around. It show signs of age, particularly in the elevators, But the rooms are roomy. We had a suite with a full roomy kitchen. The bathroom was also large, with a double size stall shower that was particularly nice. The pool area was a pleasant place to hang out and lounge. It was a few blocks to walk to the beach. They provided beach towels too, which was a nice touch. The rooms also have balconies, Ours overlooked the pool. Pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by.

Room Tip: Higher floors would give better views.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Hi Lynn M

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the stay. We look forward to having you as a repeat guest.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Spent 1 week at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, and while my experience started off very rough it ended up being a very pleasant and comfortable stay.
My first night in my room I awoke in the middle of the night to find a major maintenance issue that required me to change
rooms. The issue took until the next day to be resolved.
My first contact (3am) regarding this issue was with Judy at the front desk, she was very apologetic and went to every length to accommodate me and assured me the manager would take care of this when she comes on duty. Miriam Lombardi (manager) was incredibly accommodating, apologetic and professional in dealing with me and this situation. At one point she meet with me, head of housekeeping (Meg) and maintenance supervisor which assured me that not only were they taking this situation seriously, but that everything was being done to correct this situation.
I was upgraded to one of the finest rooms on the property with an incredible ocean view as well as given a discount on my stay. Throughout my stay Miriam went to every effort to make sure my stay was comfortable.
The property was nice, well maintained and in the perfect location. Being on Atlantic Ave it is centrally located 1 block from beach, 1 block from intercostal, and 10 minute walk to "The Avenue". No extra charge for parking which is nice, parking in this area of Delray can be a nightmare so we were able to walk most places. Excellent breakfast buffet, hot and fresh and don't miss fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.
I will definitely stay here again mainly due to Miriam and her wonderful staff.

Stayed: October 2015
Mercedes D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Hi MCspursfan,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Residence Inn. Despite the rough beginning of your experience, I am glad to hear that the staff was able to quickly and effectively handle the situation after you had reported the incident. They are all great assets to our establishment and are the true meaning of “Customer Service.” I will make it my personal mission to thank them for a job well done. We appreciate your loyalty and we are all looking forward to your next visit with us.