“Tuesday is Taco Day”

Garcia's Mexican Grill
Ranked #38 of 194 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 October 2016

On Tuesdays they have a special offer, Tacos for $1.00 each, you can chose from beef, chicken or fish, and eat as many as you want. Very good food, friendly staff.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

The service was excellent !! The food came fast and it was good quality. Great waiters . I highly recommend it is the best Mexican restaurant in deland.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Wife and I went with another couple for dinner. Service was quick and friendly. They immediately brought chips and salsa, and the salas was really excellent. The margaritas are wonderful also. I had the enchladas el pastor, which is pork enchiladas with rice and beans. It was very good, but I still like the Enchiladas Rancheras at Mi Mexico better. This place does have a full bar, which is a plus. Everyone in our group was happy with their dinner, and my wife packed up half of hers and brought it home. The couple we dined with actually prefer this place over Mi Mexico, which is just a couple hundred yards down the road, but I like Mi Mexico better. Try them both and see what you think. This place is bigger, by the way.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Without a doubt this is the worst excuse for Mexican food I ever encountered. I had the lunch special ( 1 chicken burrito, I paid extra for grilled chicken instead of shredded chicken, 1 enchilada, and 1 quesadilla). The trio came served with rice and refried beans, but everything just blended together.

I don't know how one ruins a burrito, but the one they served was pathetic. It consisted of a soggy tortilla stuffed with diced chicken thigh. There were no tomatoes, not avocados, not lettuce or onion and most of all no taste. But the burrito was pretty good compared to the quesadilla... which was made with partially melted velveeta cheese and shredded chicken. And the enchilada you ask? Well, it was mush covered with enchilada sauce and stuffed with tepid beans.

I must say I am a voracious eater, and I will try anything, but Garcia's should be ashamed to parade as a Mexican restaurant. I am pretty sure if a representative of the Mexican government ate there, they would demand they remove their banners and any purported affiliation with Mexican culture. Even the chips were stale, and the salsa was not so bueno.

If you like Mexican food, keep driving south!

1  Thank Matheus007
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We ate there on a Friday night. We were seated immediately and our friendly waitress came with chips and salsa and introduced herself. She took our drinks order and they came quickly. She came back shortly and took our dinner order. I had a Margarita and it was perfect. After we ordered the food came in a reasonable time. My friend ordered a Shrimp and Crab Taco. It was huge and loaded with good size shrimp and included guacamole among other things. He said he orders it all the time. I ordered the Triple enchilada combo with rice and beans. My was excellent. The beef was very good and the sauces were perfect. My friends wife ordered a chicken dish and there were two nice breast pieces along with veggies, rice and beans. Decor is bright Mexican with carved and brightly painted chairs and booths.
Overall I thought Garcia's was GREAT and the prices were very reasonable.

Been to Garcia's Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK