“Great diner”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

For a south Florida diner, this place is really good. Breakfast is good, service is fast and it is a must try.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I've been here dozens of times and have never had a bad meal. Their soups are homemade as are all of the dishes. The prices are reasonable and the staff friendly. It's too bad there aren't more places like this around anymore.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I recently took mom back to Marlee's Diner and Bakery for lunch. She was there 20 years ago and raved about the stuffed cabbage. As we walked in mom says OMG, nothing has changed. We were seated and were taken care of by Liz. I noticed there was no stuffed cabbage on the main menu. When I asked Liz said it was a special and she would check to see if they still had some left and they did. Mom said they were as good as she remembered. I had the Greek gyro and fries and the were to die for. This is your basic diner and more. Liz has been there 14 years and does all the baking of the bakery items herself. Now if you go and happened to get Liz don't give her any crap or you will get it back 2 fold. Seriously, Liz is a handful. Not only is she the baker, server, a nurse, and an author she is the bouncer for Marlee's. That's quite a lifetime of experience in many different fields. If it's not to busy she will keep you in stitches with her lifetime of stories. Thanks Liz for entertaining us we will be back to see you soon and to enjoy the great food.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stopped at Marlee's when last in Deerfield Beach based on the recommendation of my sister. Glad we did. Good down home cooking; simple fare but very tasty and great portion sizes.

We ate breakfast here; they close daily at 3 p.m. so clearly it's not a place for supper.

The building isn't elaborate or fancy but the service is good, the friendliness genuine, and the food -- well, it's just great. They bill themselves as a bakery, as well, and we saw some fantastic looking pies, but we did not try any of those ... so I can't say.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

A friendly place with good food and great service. We went there every morning for breakfast I got a nova and onion omelette a couple of days and a ham & cheese omelette the other days. My wife had a fried egg and a bagel and cream cheese. Food was good, coffee was good, and the people were very nice.