“Dive Trip may 18 2012”
Review of Dixie Divers

Dixie Divers
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Deerfield Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: At Dixie Divers our facility includes our own pool on premise and our own boat, Lady Go Diver, a 48' Marine Management boat powered by twin 871 Detroit diesel engines. The Lady was designed as a dive boat not converted into one. She is equipped with all safety gear, fire extinguishers, life jackets, O2 and first aid kit. On board you will find a full size head (bath room), fresh water shower, and a large easy to board dive platform with two ladders. Sodas, water and snacks are provided on all trips. The bow is easy to access and offers a nice spot to enjoy the rides to and from the dive sites. If you choose to, you may come up on the fly bridge and chat with the captain and the locals. She is not a speedboat and we do not race anywhere so you get to enjoy the scenery both in the Intracoastal Waterway and along the beaches. These guys know all the good places to look for interesting things on the reefs and wrecks. Come out and enjoy the biggest dive boat in the Deerfield / Pompano area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Trip on Lady Go Diver, Nice large boat GREAT CREW Capt Brett & Dive Master Phillipe. Well Run Operation

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently went after having been certified in December and I really enjoyed getting to go out to see the Captain Dan wreck and drift diving around the reefs at Razzle Dazzle. I'll keep going there every time I'm down visiting my family in Boca because all of the staff there are very nice, helpful, and enthusiastic about scuba diving.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband & I got our Open Water certifications at Dixie Divers. Overall our experience was very good. Instructor Erik was very helpful, at times tough but for a good reason... he wants you to learn and be safe. So if you are attending his class... no messing around. :) For our two boat dives the crew was also very good. We had a good time on board with instructors Erik, Brett and Sergio. Boat Capitan Felipe made sure he did rosters. Dive Master Igor went above and beyond his normal duties as dive master which included saving my prodigal fin from eternally floating out to the ocean and untangling my hair from my mask/snorkel straps. I personally was more than satisfied with my experience and even happier that I got to enjoy this with my hubby and this wonderful crew. I would've given Dixie Divers an excellent rating however there were two minor issues I was not so impressed about. One was the owner Pavan who seemed rude in a few ways. The other thing was the store's lack of disclosure of business issues. For example Pavan had us sign something that said we would get 10% discount on equipment form the store if we were in the certification classes. We bought weights and belts which we found out was NOT included in the said discount. Another was getting the certification ID pictures. We were told to have our pictures taken in the store. After this was said and done, THEN we were asked to go to the counter and pay for it. It would've been appreciated if we were informed of these little expenses prior. In short, I think the store's business etiquette could use improvement but as far as the actual crew who we spent hours training with.... KUDOS for a job well done!! Thank You Eric for training us well and making this certification process an enjoyable and memorable one.

2  Thank Biggartraveler
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just got back from 4 days of diving with Dixie Divers on the Lady Go Diver. Crew at the shop and on the boat were great! Igor is a good dive master and Felipe can really handle the boat! Diving was great! I will be back!

Bert

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The divers were very friendly,and we were helped every step of the way