See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This place has roaches! Service is terrible! We rented two rooms and there were no towels in the rooms and when handed towels an hour later; they were filled with hair and dirty! You can tell that the people in this place have no experience in hospitality, they don’t even know what clean towels look like !!!!! Serious idiots this place needs to be shut down. The air conditioning are hazardous they look like they were torn apart broken! And the room has no smoke detectors!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Tiffany B, General Manager at Sunrise Inn Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, the property has been under new management since Sept 2018. We are in the process of renovating and improving the property,
We would like to welcome you to back to our property for a much better stay.
My name is Tiffany, feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns you may have with your future stay :)

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This is hands down the worst hotel to stay at on beachside. I checked in and was given two room keys and told my room number was 120, and that since I had booked through Priceline they would provide my receipt. The manager Samuel provided absolutely no assistance with my luggage and continued to have an illicit personal conversation on his cellphone at the front desk speaking of his ability to take large amounts of Percocet’s without even getting high. As we carried our bags up the steps in the pouring rain I noticed the dry cereal they provide in the lobby scattered all over the ground and stairwell with a mix of various litter to accompany the mess. As I slid my key in the door I noticed the entire door handle had been loose and hanging down as if it would fall off. Once in the room I noticed a pungent odor as if someone dumped a million wet ashtrays on the carpet, cover it in dumpster juice and turned the heat on with all the windows closed and just left it that way. Being that they advertise having a kitchenettes I came prepared with various groceries and despite the many warning signs I unpacked and put my groceries away. Afterwards, I stepped out of the room to do a bit of shopping and to my horror when I returned to the room a few hours later I discovered a large roach crawling on the chair by the t.v. I instantly turned on all the lights and realized the roaches were all over the refrigerator, microwave, in my groceries and on the bathroom floor and walls. When I alerted management to this they moved me to a different room and sent another guest of the hotel to my new room with a can of raid roach spray. The new room smelled just as bad, the walls were filthy, the ceiling was leaking and stained, the linens were dirty as well as the towels and furniture and this room had roaches too! After being totally fed up I requested a refund and was told by Samuel it was illegal to give me a refund for a hotel in the state of Florida. I demanded to know his full name and he responded by calling the police and trying to have me arrested for trespassing after all I had endured in this disgraceful excuse for lodging. Feeling cheated and frustrated I left the property never to return. Be warned.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had a reservation at this hotel for 3 nights. The primary attraction was the location on the beach and the low price. I would NEVER ever stay at this hotel again for the following reasons:
1. They only cleaned my room 1 night out of 3 nights, yet they expected to be paid for all three nights.
2. There was huge garbage cans that were over full, with garbage strewn all over the front entrance of the hotel. Beyond belief !!
3. In the evening from 7;00pm to 7:00 a.m., there was no one at there front desk.
4. The phone did not work in my room.

Take my advise. RUN away from this hotel. You can certainly do better than they did!! Unbelievable, beyond all words in the english language !!!

Room Tip: Run for your life !!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I recently tried to stay at this hotel but when I checked in they gave me the keys to a room that already had guests luggage in it! When I went back to the front desk they said they overbooked the hotel and they had no place for me to stay. They then said I wouldn't be charged, but then lo and behold, I was! Just 5 days later I saw a charge on my credit card for the hotel even though it was their fault the hotel was overbooked. I contacted them and they said they never charged me - but they did! I had to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge.

They are completely unorganized and have no respect for guests. Luckily I was able to find another room at a different hotel, but if I couldn't have - Imagine travelling thousands of miles just to find out they overbooked your hotel?!? And then have the audacity to charge my credit card!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed 1 November 2017

First of all this is not a 5 star hotel, its budget accommodation and pretty decent for the price. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then you need to go elsewhere and pay for one :)

We arrived for the biketober festival and to be honest on hearing the reviews I was petrified. I honestly thought we had booked into a dump filled with creepies, I couldn't have been more wrong. The guy on the front desk was really helpful and also had a great sense of humour when checking in. Our room was standard and when we entered I scoured the whole place for bugs and was happy I didn't find any over the weekend.

The beds were really comfy and clean, there was a TV and a working hairdryer which was a god send as I had forgotten mine. The shower was lovely and there was a lovely view of the beach when the window was opened. The WIFI worked perfectly which i was really happy with. The place could probably do with updating but for us staying only for a short weekend it was fine.

We didn't venture into the pool but had drinks at the pool area which was idyllic. The girl on the desk later that day was helpful and had no problems ringing us a taxi into the main street.

The location itself is pretty sound, though a taxi would be required if heading into the main area which is about 10 minutes away. I reckon though with a good pair of comfortable shoes that you could walk along the beach to the main area which would maybe be a 30 minute walk and would have some fantastic views. The carpark was bigger than I thought, its a tight squeeze getting in for any bigger cars but for normal cars there's no problem.

I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple