See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had a reservation at this hotel for 3 nights. The primary attraction was the location on the beach and the low price. I would NEVER ever stay at this hotel again for the following reasons:
1. They only cleaned my room 1 night out of 3 nights, yet they expected to be paid for all three nights.
2. There was huge garbage cans that were over full, with garbage strewn all over the front entrance of the hotel. Beyond belief !!
3. In the evening from 7;00pm to 7:00 a.m., there was no one at there front desk.
4. The phone did not work in my room.

Take my advise. RUN away from this hotel. You can certainly do better than they did!! Unbelievable, beyond all words in the english language !!!

Room tip: Run for your life !!
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tiffany B, General Manager at Sunrise Inn Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, the property has been under new management since Sept 2018. We are in the process of renovating and improving the property,
We would like to welcome you to back to our property for a much better stay.
My name is Tiffany, feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns you may have with your future stay :)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I recently tried to stay at this hotel but when I checked in they gave me the keys to a room that already had guests luggage in it! When I went back to the front desk they said they overbooked the hotel and they had no place for me to stay. They then said I wouldn't be charged, but then lo and behold, I was! Just 5 days later I saw a charge on my credit card for the hotel even though it was their fault the hotel was overbooked. I contacted them and they said they never charged me - but they did! I had to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge.

They are completely unorganized and have no respect for guests. Luckily I was able to find another room at a different hotel, but if I couldn't have - Imagine travelling thousands of miles just to find out they overbooked your hotel?!? And then have the audacity to charge my credit card!

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed 1 November 2017

First of all this is not a 5 star hotel, its budget accommodation and pretty decent for the price. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then you need to go elsewhere and pay for one :)

We arrived for the biketober festival and to be honest on hearing the reviews I was petrified. I honestly thought we had booked into a dump filled with creepies, I couldn't have been more wrong. The guy on the front desk was really helpful and also had a great sense of humour when checking in. Our room was standard and when we entered I scoured the whole place for bugs and was happy I didn't find any over the weekend.

The beds were really comfy and clean, there was a TV and a working hairdryer which was a god send as I had forgotten mine. The shower was lovely and there was a lovely view of the beach when the window was opened. The WIFI worked perfectly which i was really happy with. The place could probably do with updating but for us staying only for a short weekend it was fine.

We didn't venture into the pool but had drinks at the pool area which was idyllic. The girl on the desk later that day was helpful and had no problems ringing us a taxi into the main street.

The location itself is pretty sound, though a taxi would be required if heading into the main area which is about 10 minutes away. I reckon though with a good pair of comfortable shoes that you could walk along the beach to the main area which would maybe be a 30 minute walk and would have some fantastic views. The carpark was bigger than I thought, its a tight squeeze getting in for any bigger cars but for normal cars there's no problem.

I would have no problem staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2017

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Room had tile floor, which, I suppose, is better next to the beach. Nice pool and beach access. Room was clean, but VERY small bathroom. No place to set anything. Parking lot very small and hard to navigate in and out. Nice deck facing ocean, but was told it's only to be used by people who rent the ocean view rooms. What? Would probably stay again in a pinch, but would look elsewhere first. Stayed the first weekend in July, for Daytona night race, so options short. But this was one of the more reasonable priced in the area.

Room tip: If you want to view the ocean or have access to the balcony (deck), rent an ocean view room.
Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Karla M
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Sweet staff, very helpful and friendly, they gave us several coupons we were able to use at restaurants. Room had a beautiful view and after they remodel it (which they were already doing to several other rooms) I would give it 5 stars. Kitchenette, nice pool, will return :)

Date of stay: May 2017