“Great, responsive service but beware of moisture issues” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Virginia
“Great, responsive service but beware of moisture issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

From the time you enter the Hampton Inn, you are treated wonderfully. I've never seen a front desk clerk that seemed to enjoy his job more. He explained everything the hotel had to offer, even beyond the normal Hampton Inn. This hotel offers the use of free beach towels and beach chairs and has great, fresh cookies available in the evening. It has a large oceanfront pool with stairs from the pool area that go right to the beach.

I entered my room and found a large, well decorated room with a flat screen TV on a granite countertop, a refrigerator, work desk, easy chair and king-sized bed. I had a balcony with 2 chairs with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The AC was running and the room was cool, but felt damp. When I took off my shoes, I realized the room was more than damp as my socks got wet walking on the carpet.

I went to the front desk and the clerk was honestly upset that I had this problem. He began to scramble for solutions, including offering to move me but he had no other oceanfront rooms. He came up with a workable solution in that he would have housekeeping try to extract water from the carpet while I was at dinner. When I got back, I found out that he personally had moved a dehumidifier into my room. I entered my room to an artic chill and a dehumidifier going full blast. It worked well enough so I stayed there and sat on the balcony listening to the ocean until bedtime.

The next morning I enjoyed hot coffee and hot scrambled eggs for breakfast, looking out at the Atlantic Ocean and reading the local paper left for me at my door. Check out took less than 30 seconds and I went on my way. Even though the moisture issue concerned me, the staff was fantastic and the location unbeatable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank grhokie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This Hampton is the best place to stay in Daytona Beach, Florida. From the minute you walk in the front door, the staff is always there making sure you have a great stay with no stress and great experiences. They will do anything to make sure you are enjoying your stay, from the smiles or the items (towels, chairs, toys, skim boards) that you can borrow to take down to the beach to enjoy, especially if you are from out of town. The breakfast is great and the cookies are a welcome snack at night. It is truly a family-oriented hotel and Sandy Ellis is the manager of the year in my book!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We were driving down to the west coast of Florida at the end of Dec. and our first beach stop was at the Daytona Beach Hampton Inn. The front desk was extremely friendly and very helpful with dinner suggestions. Our room was nice with a flat screen TV,comfortable beds, and after seeing the view from our balcony we decided to walk on the beach. I locked our cash in the safe and enjoyed the immediate access to the beach.The next morning I forgot to check the safe and realized it upon our arrival on the West Coast. I called the front desk and the young man called the room to see if he could check the safe. He called me back that he would have to wait for the guests to return but would call us later. Amazingly, he called with wonderful news that he had found our money. He and the General Manager mailed me a check to arrive at our next destination. I was so happy and impressed that this hotel values service and honesty above all.

Room Tip: Be nice and specific about what you would like in the room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rblock49
Eatonton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hotel is older, but in fair-good condition, and the rooms include a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The bedding and furniture had been updated at some point. The bed was too soft for us, but the pillows were comfy.The pool and spa are not well maintained at all, but there are plenty of lounge chairs and towels are provided. However, the beach is accessible from the pool area. Hot and cold breakfast is included. The best part is most of the rooms face the ocean. We were on the 8th floor and had a beautiful view of the beach and ocean and even watched a pod of dolphins a couple of days. All the rooms, but the first floor have balconies with a couple of chairs and a small table, which is nice, but there were these tiny fly-like bugs that bite and we were not able to stay out there and we couldn't enjoy the nice breeze and listen to the surf because there are no screen doors. Screen doors or screened balconies would be a huge plus. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are restaurants and shops within walking distance. We would return.

Room Tip: Some rooms are accessible from inside and some from outside. 1st floor rooms do not have a patio. On...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We've actually stayed here before this most recent one night stay. Like so many of the hotels in Daytona Beach, this hotel shows its age. It's sad to see Daytona Beach stagnate from a tourism point of view. The Hampton Inn is still probably one of the nicer places on the beach as so many of the hotels were built many, many years ago and need serious updating. The location is about three miles south of the center of the beach area, so is in a quieter area. The lobby is 1970's spartan, and could use some refurbishing. Our beachfront room was comfortable, with a good bed, flat screen TV, etc. But the walls, fixtures and carpet showed their age (admittedly it's difficult to keep beach hotels in great shape). There were only a few people staying there the night we were there, so we didn't understand why we were given a room where you had to walk outside to get to your room (it was a very cold day for Daytona)---half of the beachfront rooms have interior access, and most of those were probably empty. The breakfast buffet was on par for Hampton Inns, and the front desk staff were generally friendly. Obvioulsly we didn't use the outdoor pool, but it didn't look like anything special. Our rooms was overpriced on this Sunday before the start of Speed Weeks. Hardly anyone was there, but they had already inflated the room price a bit. Overall, probably not a bad place to stay in Daytona, but not up to the contemporary standards of Hampton Inns.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple