“Tried to make the best of it.......” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acapulco Hotel & Resort

Acapulco Hotel & Resort
Ranked #68 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Sioux Falls
“Tried to make the best of it.......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked this off of Priceline. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. I started to worry a few days before our trip when I checked the hotel website and saw the recent negative reviews, but was still optimistic, until we actually arrived. I wanted to cry when I saw the rooms. We had booked 2 rooms because we have a family of 6. I assumed we would have adjoining rooms for the kids, nope. When I asked about this I was told I could check back the next day after 11:00. I said that would not be an option as we had plans in the Orlando area for the day and would be gone well before that time. Asked if she would let me know if something came available and she never did so I assumed nothing opened up. When we checked out 5 days later the gentleman that checked us out asked why our rooms were so far apart and why they didn't get us closer? I said I asked the same thing and he just said that it was "strange". So for 5 nights we had 2 rooms on different floors and could not be together as a family. That was just the start. Like I said as soon as I saw the condition of the room I wanted to leave, but being Priceline we were stuck unless we wanted to shell out even more money. We went to the nearest strore and purchased Lysol to spray all over carpet and bedspreads. Shower curtains had mold, used lysol on that too. All in all hotel is VERY dated with only lobby area remodeled and outside of hotel. Rooms and hallways need new carpet BAD. I cannot stress that enough. Stairwells need paint and elevators need total overhaul. You can hardly get the luggage carriers in them without getting stuck. I will be notifying Priceline of this hotel. The maintenance and housekeeping staff were very friendly. There is no way this hotel should be recognized as 3 stars however. The beach was nice. Pool O.K. Hot Tub not working correctlly and looked dirty. Beds comfortable but bedspreads had stains. You just did not dare leave anything on the floor or even want to walk on it, it was that dirty. We stayed gone alot and tried to be outside and only inside when we had to sleep. A/C worked well but loud. Like I said, tried to make the best of it.

Room Tip: Will stay at the Holiday Inn down the road if there is a "next time".
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Hilsman

Thank you for you review. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the views of our guests. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We will share your accolades with our team regarding the staff. When your travels bring you back to Daytona from Sioux Falls, we would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

David Simmons
Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Hotel staff were great anything I needed they got for me right away this hotel was great for the price I had a great view of the ocean the room was clean and nice.

Room Tip: Get a ocean front room it is so nice.
Avon, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

You walk Inn the lobby it's very nice until.... Theres two elevators that are VERY SLOW...MY kitchenette had crumbs on the counter the dishes were dirty the tile/ curtain in the bathroom were stained NO Fans in the bathroom, bug underneath my mattress. The ocean view was great the a/c worked great! the pool was nice but warm one of the hot tubs didnt work . Continental breakfast was ok the first morning no muffins there was no butter, the toasters were crappy! Theres was many stray cats including one with 3 legs.

1 Thank lisa a
Dear Lisa

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. When your travels bring you back to Daytona from Ireland, we would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

David Simmons
Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Hilliard, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I just wanted to give a review of the hotel and amenities. The hotel lobby is very nice & has been updated. The website says a $10 million renovation recently was done, I googled when & it was in 2006 so really not recent. Also website says tiki bar, nope. Restaurant/Grille, nope. Bar, only open Friday & Saturday nights. Also says 2 hot tubs, 1 was broke down & the other was green so would not go in. Also says free continental breakfast. This consisted of literally, a can of fruit cocktail dumped in a bowl, next to cottage cheese in a bowl, along with bread for toast (the toaster only toasted 1 side of bread??), muffins & generic cheerios. The breakfast was spiced up some for Friday & Saturday when they added bagels and cream cheese. The room was average, needs updating for sure, old comforters, carpet worn, blanket had tears & burn holes in them. I had an incident of where ice machine which was located next to our room on the 5th floor malfunctioned, causing water to come into our room & carpet from bathroom door to main door was soaked and soggy. Called to front desk at 9pm & was told no one was there to extract water & had to go down to get towels to dry to soak up...went through 10 towels & still soaked through. Next morning called down at 7am and they said someone would be up immediately, waited until 10:30am before calling again as no one showed up. They said someone would be up immediately, I told them we were going to beach & pool and I would hope they could have cleaned when we get back to room. She said absolutely. Came back up to room around 2pm and still no one had come, called again & she said someone was coming, waited 45 mins & no one came. Walked down to front desk & asked to speak to manager, she came out & said the maint guy extracted at 7am when I 1st called. Adv no one came into our room, we were there & carpet was still soaked & starting to smell. She said there was a misunderstanding as she thought I was calling to have carpet in hallway extracted & cleaned. I dont know why she thought this, I clearly told them it was in our room & explained all the stuff we went through the prior night with no maint guy & coming down to get towels. The maint guy was there immediately & I was told by him that maint is in the hotel until 11pm & he should have come up that night to extract water. Maint guy was very friendly and helpful. This hotel should not be rated a 3 star by any means....it has the amenities it says but none were open or working. I would not stay here again and think someone should look into this hotel more closely.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I made a reservation with Travelocity and when I arrived at the front desk for check-in they did not have my reservation. We waited 30 minutes for them to find it before receiving a key to our room. When we finally made it up to the room we checked our sheets and although the beds were made, the sheets and pillow cases were very dirty. I called the front desk and no one came up to take care of the problem. In disgust, I took the pillows down to them and they promptly replaced them. The coffee pot had old coffee in it from a previous occupant. The elevators are extremely slow and breakfast was never the same time every day (checked at 6:30 am and there was still no coffee). I think my garden hose puts out more water than their shower. Overall a terrible experience and I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family