“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acapulco Hotel & Resort

Acapulco Hotel & Resort
Ranked #69 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Avon, Indiana
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

You walk Inn the lobby it's very nice until.... Theres two elevators that are VERY SLOW...MY kitchenette had crumbs on the counter the dishes were dirty the tile/ curtain in the bathroom were stained NO Fans in the bathroom, bug underneath my mattress. The ocean view was great the a/c worked great! the pool was nice but warm one of the hot tubs didnt work . Continental breakfast was ok the first morning no muffins there was no butter, the toasters were crappy! Theres was many stray cats including one with 3 legs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lisa a
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Lisa

Thank you for you review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona recently changed management companies, and are excited to understand the challenges you as a traveler are concerned with. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas, and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. When your travels bring you back to Daytona from Ireland, we would be delighted for you to come and earn your trust again.

I welcome you to reach me directly for your next stay, so that we may exceed your expectations.

David Simmons
Acapulco Hotel & Resort Daytona
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Hilliard, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I just wanted to give a review of the hotel and amenities. The hotel lobby is very nice & has been updated. The website says a $10 million renovation recently was done, I googled when & it was in 2006 so really not recent. Also website says tiki bar, nope. Restaurant/Grille, nope. Bar, only open Friday & Saturday nights. Also says 2 hot tubs, 1 was broke down & the other was green so would not go in. Also says free continental breakfast. This consisted of literally, a can of fruit cocktail dumped in a bowl, next to cottage cheese in a bowl, along with bread for toast (the toaster only toasted 1 side of bread??), muffins & generic cheerios. The breakfast was spiced up some for Friday & Saturday when they added bagels and cream cheese. The room was average, needs updating for sure, old comforters, carpet worn, blanket had tears & burn holes in them. I had an incident of where ice machine which was located next to our room on the 5th floor malfunctioned, causing water to come into our room & carpet from bathroom door to main door was soaked and soggy. Called to front desk at 9pm & was told no one was there to extract water & had to go down to get towels to dry to soak up...went through 10 towels & still soaked through. Next morning called down at 7am and they said someone would be up immediately, waited until 10:30am before calling again as no one showed up. They said someone would be up immediately, I told them we were going to beach & pool and I would hope they could have cleaned when we get back to room. She said absolutely. Came back up to room around 2pm and still no one had come, called again & she said someone was coming, waited 45 mins & no one came. Walked down to front desk & asked to speak to manager, she came out & said the maint guy extracted at 7am when I 1st called. Adv no one came into our room, we were there & carpet was still soaked & starting to smell. She said there was a misunderstanding as she thought I was calling to have carpet in hallway extracted & cleaned. I dont know why she thought this, I clearly told them it was in our room & explained all the stuff we went through the prior night with no maint guy & coming down to get towels. The maint guy was there immediately & I was told by him that maint is in the hotel until 11pm & he should have come up that night to extract water. Maint guy was very friendly and helpful. This hotel should not be rated a 3 star by any means....it has the amenities it says but none were open or working. I would not stay here again and think someone should look into this hotel more closely.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I made a reservation with Travelocity and when I arrived at the front desk for check-in they did not have my reservation. We waited 30 minutes for them to find it before receiving a key to our room. When we finally made it up to the room we checked our sheets and although the beds were made, the sheets and pillow cases were very dirty. I called the front desk and no one came up to take care of the problem. In disgust, I took the pillows down to them and they promptly replaced them. The coffee pot had old coffee in it from a previous occupant. The elevators are extremely slow and breakfast was never the same time every day (checked at 6:30 am and there was still no coffee). I think my garden hose puts out more water than their shower. Overall a terrible experience and I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
Eustis, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We arrived at the hotel early to spend the day by the pool and on the beach before our official check in at 4:00. As we checked back it became clear that 4:00 was a firm check in time. So, we waited and enjoyed the beach. At 4:00 we returned and found a line almost reaching out of the front door. We waited in line for apporximately 20 mins and were then told that our room was not ready. The staff blamed it on all the bike week check outs. They offered no more accomodation to me and my family than to sit and wait in the lobby. By 5:00 my 4 year old had just about had enough of the waiting and needed place to clean up. We asked for the staffer to check our room status and we were told to get back in line. Once we reached the counter and gave her our name again, she responded with,"Oh yes, your room has been ready for quite some time". It would have been nice for her to have let us know.

Just as we stepped onto our floor the house keeping attendant stops us and says, "Don't freak out there aren't any towels in your room. I'll bring them up a little later." Really??? don't freak out!! All I want at this point is a shower for me and my little one. So, again we wait. At 6:45 I call to get the update on towels and they assure me they will be right up. 7:15 no towels. 7:30 we go downstairs to have a chat. They find some pool towels to hold us over, which would have been fine in the first place. We didn't get new bath towels until the next day at 3:20.

The room was fine. Decently clean and had a farily well equipped ktichenette. The free breakfast offered is toast, bagels, and cereal. Nothing really to speak of.

The pool was nice, very large and heated. The jacuzzi's were a joke. The one opperating jacuzi barely had any water in it at all and that water was murky and gross. The walls of the jacuzzi were also terribly dirty.

Online it stated there was a bar on the pool deck, again that was nonexistant.

At our checkout the staffer stated she would need to collect a PARKING FEE of $5 a day. This is what I find completely obscene. You have charged me a room fee already, now my car has to pay for it's space outside. Luckily after all the check in and towel shannanagins they waived that fee.

We tried several time to speak with a manager, but they were never available.

Needless to say my family and I will not be staying here again. There was one front desk staffer that was abesolultely wonderful and I wish I could remember her name, but she checked us out and was very accomodating and understanding.

Room Tip: if you need bath towels bring your own. Apparently there is some sort of shortage.
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed during bike week, and found very few positive things to say about this hotel. We paid around $230 per room per night (4 people, 2 nights, 2 rooms). Neither of the rooms we had were very clean on arrival - we found stains on the furniture and hair on the bathroom floor. The fittings in the bathrooms were not firmly attached (tap not firmly attached to the sink and shower head not firmly attached to wall). The towel rail broke when the plasterboard anchors came out of the wall. The exhaust fan was very loud and rattley. The air conditioner was also very noisy, but was functional. The TV in the room was CRT (which seems very dated in 2012). Kitchenette had pots and pans but no plates. Internet was free (positive), but rather slow.

Did not visit the restaurant, pool or bar.

Front desk staff were friendly, which was a positive.

This hotel really needs to be renovated it can command the kind of price we paid.

Stayed March 2012