“Decent Hotel, but off of "beaten" path” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acapulco Hotel & Resort

Acapulco Hotel & Resort
Ranked #67 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent Hotel, but off of "beaten" path”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

We booked this hotel through pricelines "Name your price", and this hotel has been my only bad experience with Priceline's tool. For what was billed as a "3 Star hotel" this criteria it does not meet. It was outdated, and seemed just like a beat up hotel. It is more than a walk's distance from the boardwalk, and the pool left much to be desired.

In summary, it was not a bad hotel, but not what you expect when booking a 3 star resort hotel on the beach front.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

This property is nice, good location, pleasant staff, but there were stains on the upholstery of every chair in my room and on every chair I looked at in the breakfast area. This gives me an overall bad impression of the hotel. Also, makes me wonder how clean the bedspread is. Will not go back.

• Stayed December 2011
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

My wife and I had just come off a cruise at Port Canaveral and wanted to spend a few night in Florida before heading home to South Carolina. I booked the Acapulco hotel through Travelocity as a "mystery hotel." The room we were put in when we first arrived was on the second level, closest room to the road, so there was the smallest of ocean views. My wife was not happy as this was our honeymoon and she had hoped for something a bit nicer. Being the good husband I am, I went down to the lobby and waited patiently as another guest was checking in to ask if there was any other room available. I was sure there was because it seemed like we were the only ones at the hotel. The manager (Morgan) came in and asked if she could help me. I asked if there was anything available with a better view and she checked the computer to see if there was anything and informed me there would be an upcharge for an ocean front room. As she was checking,the nice lady that orginally checked us in whispered to Morgan that we were on our honeymoon. So, instead of charging us for an upgrade, she glady gave us an ocean front suite at no extra-charge. I couldn't believe it! The stay was great! Every staff memeber was friendly. Our room was nice, large, comfortable, and had an awesome view! The ONLY complaint I had was the A/C. I'm a light sleeper so everytime it cut on and off, I woke up. Other than that I would just like to say thank you again to Morgan and everyone else at the hotel who helped make our stay in Daytona a very pleasant experience!

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Best deal in town! This is our second time staying here. The lobby is very nice, Check-in was fast. There is a bar, and during the day, poolside service! All the rooms have a ocean view, the accomdations are are good, we had two full beds, full kitchen, with stove, microwave, and toaster. The only problem we had was the remote didn't work but Paul from maintenance reprogramed it, he was very nice and even offered to make reservations for us when i told where we were going to eat diner. All the staff is very friendly, and helpful.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I went for a weekend trip, and decided to stay here after reading decent reviews. The hotel wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, either. The lobby was very nice and check in was a breeze. The elevators are VERY slow, especially when you're staying on the top floor. Our room was the part we were disappointed by the most. The floors were yucky feeling and the bathroom just didn't sleep clean. We had a problem with our tub draining, but I will say they were quick to get someone up to fix it. Our view was decent. The one saving grace to this hotel is their awesome pool area. The pool is 9 1/2 feet deep, and very large. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give this hotel a 5.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple