“Staff was excellent”

Ranked #50 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Distant
“Staff was excellent”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was our first time staying at the Mayan Inn. We have been to Daytona many times but we had to find a new place to stay. The desk clerk above & beyond to help us get the rooms that worked for us. We reserved 2 rooms through a general booking company and they had us on opposite ends of the hotel. When we arrived the desk clerk took care of us & got us adjoining rooms. Love places that have adjoining rooms. rooms were nice and little outside tiki bar was nice. Stayed a week and had a parking space each night, was worried abouth that from other reviews. Will stay again on next trip to Daytona.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I am so glad that we were able to accomodate your family and make your week with us more enjoyable. Going above and beyond for our guests is important and we always strive for excellence when it comes to customer service. I am pleased to hear that parking was not an issue for you. I can be honest and say we do have some challenges in that department sometimes! We do have a number of adjoining rooms which is great for larger families, and having the full kitchen certainly helps as well. We look forward to your return and thank you for your kind words.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Luverne, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed here several times and can always show up and get a room for a cheap price with fantastic views. I love to sleep with the patio door open and hear the wind and ocean all night long (from Minnesota so we don't have that) and this hotel delivers on that! The staff is always nice, the room is as clean as it is going to get. The rooms are small and outdated but if you are on a budget and want some of the best views you will ever have stay here. The higher you stay the better the views! The pool is great!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was able to stay at the Mayan Inn for almost a month and over that time was able to watch and meet the staff, Everyone at the front desk was great, especially Mike, who was accommodating and super friendly while maintaining his professionalism, honestly the location, the view and the rooms are great but those can be found many places, the reason ill go back to the Mayan Inn is because of the people

Room Tip: rooms that end in 01(like 301) are the bigger suites but they take from the rooms that end in 02.(li...
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
I am happy to see how much you enjoyed our hotel and staff during your stay. We work very hard to ensure the highest level of customer service. We have a wonderful staff here who appreciate each and every guest that decides to stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we look forward to a return visit from you in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I googled the hotel because I didn't remember the name of the hotel next door called the Roomba Inn which I've stayed at before. Little Sid I know the website was was disguised as gets room.com - I was quoted a price of $311 and some change. I was like wow, what a great deal, but I was always under the impression I was booking directly with the hotel and not a third party. My friend and I drove a little over 3 hours from South Florida only to be told by the grumpiest old man that he didn't see a reservation for us. Then he proceeds to tell me about Xpedia reservation that has not have time to enter. He then makes me sign two receipts. One for the $311 and a second one for the complimentary breakfast, wireless Internet and surcharge for parking. He trashed Expedia saying they always are booking rooms they don't have. He said in a rude tone "in going to have to upgrade you to an Ocean front view. What a jerk... He asked be for my phone number and my cell phone is new so I had to look the number up which took all of 30 seconds. This reservation was put on my American Express card and I told him I would file a dispute with Anex. He told me I booked through expedia and I needed to read their terms and conditions. I went to the website and clicked on the terms and conditions. It took me to godaddy.com. I have to commend the head cleaning manager who was so accommodating to our needs. I'm very disappointed the inside bar and lounge was never open. The Internet access kept going out. Very frustrating!!! Our toilet was running when we checked in. We couldnt call the front desk because the phone lines were down. I had to take the elevator to the front desk to complain. The guy came up and said we needed a flapper. We had to make a 2nd call the next day and it was finally fixed around 4:30. We had guest visiting. They had to rent a room at the Roomba inn because our hotel only had one parking space per room. Never again. The guy that checked us in should be fired.....

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Agb1971
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
I am so sorry for your inconvenient experience upon check in with us. We do the best we can to ensure that all reservations are put in our system in a timely manner, but there are unfortunately times like this when a reservation didn't make its way to us. When things like this happen it does take a bit of time and research to retrieve your reservation and we try to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible. I am glad to hear that our housekeeping supervisor was able to assist you in an acceptable manner, she works very had to ensure our guests are comfotable. If our inside bar is closed it is because our tiki bar is open so that people may enjoy the sights of our beautiful ocean view while enjoying their cocktails. During busy times, which most weekends are in the summer months, parking is limited to one spot per room so as to ensure that all guests have a place to park. If we give 1 room multiple spots it takes a spot away from another paying guest. We do have public city parking just a block away that would have cost your friend less than having to rent a room at a neighboring property. I am sorry that you had an unacceptable experience and thank you for taking the time to let us know the areas we may need to work on for the future.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Great value and good room not a lot of amenities but good pool and great beach access, good bar/tiki hut minutes walk away from great restaurants, boardwalk and pier very friendly and efficient staff especially the maids. Overall a wonderful hotel for the price

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jordan311
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you are able to come and stay with us again. We appreciate your business and look forward to you and your family returning.