“Terrible Hotel”

Ranked #78 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Patchogue
“Terrible Hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Balconies on the 8th and 7th floors are not usable. There are bird droppings all over everything. My husband slid on the balcony. It was gross. We asked to have our room moved, they did not care said they clean the balcony everyday. I know this is not true. They never even cleaned our room the first day. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jprairie
Jprairie,

Thank you for your decision to stay at the Mayan Inn, I am dissapointed that your stay was less than satisfactory. We unfortunately are very popular with the local bird community, and work very hard to eliminate the evidence of their presence. I am so sorry that we missed the ball this time and you can be assured that we will address the situation with our staff to make sure we do not overlook this again. Your review means a lot to us and helps us to take better care of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to let me know what our staff needs to improve upon. We hope that you will give us another chance.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
washington, dc
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked this two night stay via Travelocity. I searched Expedia as well but what a bargain Travelocity had for this property, $46.93 per night plus tax. Expedia was $10 more. I stayed two nights prepaying via Travelocity $105.00 inclusive. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. My room was on the sixth floor over looking the ocean to the South and back looking over the Intercoastal Waterway (Halifax River) and one could see as far as the Speedway. The hotel is kept up well, but an old building does become dated, which is expected. My room extremely clean, great work desk and lighting. My room had two queen size bed which the mattresses had start to bow somewhat but still comfortable. When I checked out after two days and different reception staff member. She told me I owed $10 for parking. I told her I would challenge it with Travelocity, at which time she informed me that she would waive the fee. My first night was on a Tuesday and the receptionist told me that they only had 30 or some 100+ room rented. I usually avoid any hotel/motel that charges for parking. I had gouging and properties that nickel and dime a guest to death. The additional positive thing about this property, that its only a block and a half to Main Street which many of the "biker" bars are located. One can walk there and then "stagger" back.....LOL! But True! Overall, I will stay here again and will move forward to booking for Bike Week 2013 at the Mayan Inn.

Room Tip: In all reality, I don't believe there is really a bad view of the ocean from any room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
I am so pleased to see you plan to return to the Mayan Inn for Bike Week. Our location is very popular for that time, so be sure to book early!! I am so sorry that our daily parking fee went unnoticed, but it is stated on our internet boking sites. We would never try to hide our fees, gouging is not something we would ever do to our guests. I am glad that our frontdesk staff was able to assist in adjusting that off for you. Thank you for your review, we look forward to your return in March.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We came here and stayed for three days. The first night we were sitting in the room chatting and the roaches started coming out of everywhere. Day two they were out during the day. We took a walk and when we came back we moved rooms. We did not have any problems after that. But it still was yuck. How do you eat in a hotel with roaches? So we did not even eat the sub par breakfast. Just go somewhere else. And there was also dirt on the bathroom floor and all around the fan in the bathroom. We never allowed anyone in to our room we went to the front desk and got our own clean towels.

Room Tip: Very noisey ten feet from a bar.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank T N
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
We appreciate your business and value your review as we work toward improving our overall guest experience. Pest control is important to us and we work with our service provider to eliminate any occurances as well as preventing furture ones. I am glad that we were able to relocate your room and that it was a better fit for you. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know where improvements are needed, I will be sure to discuss your areas of concern with our staff to ensure that we make an effort to better serve our guests in the future.
United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nasty. Straight up. I asked for a new blanket because the previous one i had contained many strands of hair that were not even mine. I received a new one that STILL had hair all through it. Now I have to go buy my own blanket because the service isn't trustworthy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank htup
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
We appreciate your decision to stay with us and I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I recall your situation and I am sorry you found my assistance less than adequate. Your reservations were for oceanview rooms, which differs from direct ocean front. When you notified us of the lack of bathtub for your child in your room I immediately found you a room on the same floor as your other party that had one, but you chose not to move to it. At the time we were sold out of ocean front rooms that Saturday, but since your stay extended past the weekend we were able to give you a free upgrade to an ocean front room the day after you checked in (these rooms typically cost $20 more per night). I appologize if I came across rude, that was not my intention. I offered all that I could for you and made every attempt to satisfy your requests. Customer service is important to us and we always try to accomodate our guests in any way we can. Thank you again for staying with us.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. This is my first family vacation and we booked 2 rooms. Well when we got to the hotel they told us they charge for parking (ugh), we received our 2rooms 4 floors away from each other. We ordered to rooms with Ocean View only one room got it. When I got to my room. 216 there was no tub(not that i would bathe in it), and on top of that it was a handicap room with roaches and my ceiling was cracked. They do not change sheets everyday or bring new clean towels everyday unless request it and then its like they have an attitude when you call. The staff (mike) and the manager Theresa are very rude no kind of Customer Service. So after enough fussing and arguing i got my ocean view with out the roaches an without it bein handicap. But the tub has a nasty long brown stain amd the hallways smell like someone uses it instead of the restroom. its very loud at night from the ocean deck restaurant right next door. I would love to know who I could report this hotel and staff to nd get something done. nobody wants to go online and see a nice hotel book it and then when you arrive it looks like a dump. this hotel needs to be closed until further notice. pics coming soon!!!

• Stayed March 2012