“Just don't”

Ranked #78 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Kansas City, Kansas
“Just don't”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We came here and stayed for three days. The first night we were sitting in the room chatting and the roaches started coming out of everywhere. Day two they were out during the day. We took a walk and when we came back we moved rooms. We did not have any problems after that. But it still was yuck. How do you eat in a hotel with roaches? So we did not even eat the sub par breakfast. Just go somewhere else. And there was also dirt on the bathroom floor and all around the fan in the bathroom. We never allowed anyone in to our room we went to the front desk and got our own clean towels.

Room Tip: Very noisey ten feet from a bar.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank T N
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
We appreciate your business and value your review as we work toward improving our overall guest experience. Pest control is important to us and we work with our service provider to eliminate any occurances as well as preventing furture ones. I am glad that we were able to relocate your room and that it was a better fit for you. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know where improvements are needed, I will be sure to discuss your areas of concern with our staff to ensure that we make an effort to better serve our guests in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nasty. Straight up. I asked for a new blanket because the previous one i had contained many strands of hair that were not even mine. I received a new one that STILL had hair all through it. Now I have to go buy my own blanket because the service isn't trustworthy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank htup
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
We appreciate your decision to stay with us and I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I recall your situation and I am sorry you found my assistance less than adequate. Your reservations were for oceanview rooms, which differs from direct ocean front. When you notified us of the lack of bathtub for your child in your room I immediately found you a room on the same floor as your other party that had one, but you chose not to move to it. At the time we were sold out of ocean front rooms that Saturday, but since your stay extended past the weekend we were able to give you a free upgrade to an ocean front room the day after you checked in (these rooms typically cost $20 more per night). I appologize if I came across rude, that was not my intention. I offered all that I could for you and made every attempt to satisfy your requests. Customer service is important to us and we always try to accomodate our guests in any way we can. Thank you again for staying with us.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. This is my first family vacation and we booked 2 rooms. Well when we got to the hotel they told us they charge for parking (ugh), we received our 2rooms 4 floors away from each other. We ordered to rooms with Ocean View only one room got it. When I got to my room. 216 there was no tub(not that i would bathe in it), and on top of that it was a handicap room with roaches and my ceiling was cracked. They do not change sheets everyday or bring new clean towels everyday unless request it and then its like they have an attitude when you call. The staff (mike) and the manager Theresa are very rude no kind of Customer Service. So after enough fussing and arguing i got my ocean view with out the roaches an without it bein handicap. But the tub has a nasty long brown stain amd the hallways smell like someone uses it instead of the restroom. its very loud at night from the ocean deck restaurant right next door. I would love to know who I could report this hotel and staff to nd get something done. nobody wants to go online and see a nice hotel book it and then when you arrive it looks like a dump. this hotel needs to be closed until further notice. pics coming soon!!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Nini B
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I am staying here now for 3 days and I am checking out early.. The rooms are awful, the bathroom has hair on the floor ( not from us ) the AC Control doesnt work, had to call front desk to turn, No face towels, and balcony covered in Bird Crap, old and fresh

Room Tip: I dont think you can find a decent room in Daytona thats clean
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gregory G
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at the Mayan during August with our son who uses a wheelchair and we were pleasantly surprised by the location and staff. Although the parking lot is small, the staff was very helpful and made sure that we always had an easy location to load and unload our son. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The boardwalk and restraunts are close to the hotel and made it a great vacation. We hope to return this year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Baggett
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
I am so glad our staff made your stay enjoyable and we look forward to having you and your family come back and stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take all of our reviews to heart and always strive to do our best. We appreciate you for staying with us and hope to see again soon.