“Wow, home away from home!!!!!”
Review of Studio 1 Motel

Studio 1 Motel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks to get an inheritance, its clean, beautiful view, convienient to everything, well priced and definately worth getting a trip advisor app on my phone to spread the good word, thank you studio 1. Anita from dayton

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank anita19750505
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our small property. We work hard to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable stay!
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Micky Pedersen

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Studio 1 Motel

Reviewed 24 November 2011

We arrived in Daytona in mid November with no reservation. I tried finding some studios on line and we checked them out and were not acceptable. Nice hotel rooms I thought were overpriced for November at $100 a night. We saw the nicely painted yellow building and stopped. It's an older strip motel charmingly redone, a bit austere but the price was right so no complaints from me. No phone, no pool, no pets, no problem! Very clean, laminate floors a good choice, bed linens and mattresses clean. Nice table and chairs outside on the patio in the back of the hotel. Enough cooking stuff so we could do our own food and save a few bucks. Good sized fridge. Public beach access across street, had a blast. The neighbors behind have spotless homes. Some lightbulbs out were replaced next day. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Our room on first floor was fine, but sounds like you get a bit of a view from upstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeffry R
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back to the
Studio 1 Motel.

Micky Pedersen

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I booked via Priceline, not knowing property I'd end up at. I was looking for a place to crash for a night to continue drive to south Florida. Single female, I was a bit anxious that I'd end up in a dive. (I did have my firearm with me...)

From exterior, it's not very impressive. I arrived around 9pm, it was dark & I thought "oh my!"

The room, however, was a pleasant surprise. Laminate wood floor was a nice touch (so tired of grungy motel carpets!) - small kitchenette with microwave, fridge, real plates/utensils, etc. There was someone's food left in the fridge - but it was clean. Beds were comfy, nice table, adequate space-wise for me, I imagine it would be crowded for more than 2.

The bathroom was very clean - but I did see 2 short black hairs on shower wall. (I'm a redhead). One thing that was odd was outlet in the bathroom - There wasn't one (or so I thought) I had to use cord in kitchenette. Turns out there was an outlet over the mirror - I wouldn't have been able to reach it unless I stood on toilet...

The door is "old fashioned" key - security-wise, that was a bit of a concern, but the place was quiet. It is directly across the street from beach - great deal if you want close to the beach.

I'd definitely crash here for an overnight or a couple days at the beach

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank NativeAtlantaGirl
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I emailed about a no smoking room and got no reply. So I booked a room for 2 nites assuming they had no smoking rooms. I get there, I have emphysema, and they put me in a smokin room. I stayed the 1st nite but left the next afternoon. Poor managment

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but smokin rooms will always stink
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank charles g
FriendlyCleanMotel, Owner at Studio 1 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Due to the many requests we received from our guests, Studio 1 Motel is pleased to announce that ALL guest rooms are now non-smoking. All guest rooms underwent an extensive deep cleaning from top to bottom. Guests who smoke must do so outside only.
We look forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Pros:
Price
Location (right across the street from the beach and you can see the ocean if you have a room on the top floor)
Clean
HBO
Minifridge and microwave
A/C works well
Balcony
Quiet

Cons:
Can smell cigarette smoke from outside smokers
Maintenance issues (our bathroom light didn't work)
No breakfast
TV has no plug-ins for DVD players or video game system
NO PHONE!!!! - what do you do if you have an emergency or want to order pizza or call the front desk??? If you have no cell or cell is not working you are screwed.

That being said- this is a great place to stay if you are in Daytona to spend time at the beach.

Room Tip: top floor best view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple