“EWWWW....”

Ranked #14 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Southern Illinois
“EWWWW....”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I decided to got to Bike Week in Daytona Beach since it was the same week we were coming in from a cruise. We were a little late in making reservations and ended up staying at the Days Inn Tropical Seas, which we didn't know at the time but it is several miles from Main Street in Daytona Beach. When we arrived at the hotel, we opened the door to our room and were overcome with the overwhelming stench of some type of disinfectant or some kind of chemical. I immediately wanted to change rooms, but my husband is the type to not want to complain about anything, so we stayed. I opened the balcony door to let some fresh air in, but the smell was so strong it didn't help alot. Our room was beachfront and had a nice view or I probably would have given it a 1 star. In the bathroom floor, there was hair and nasty toenail clippings in the corners. Filthy. The handles for the water in the shower were practically coming out of the wall.

I wouldn't mind going back to Bike Week sometime, but I would not stay at this hotel again, partially due to the location, but mostly because it was filthy dirty and stinky.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tkmilam
tropicalseasfla, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
I am very sorry you encountered a problem with your room. I would have gladly worked with you to correct it or change rooms if I had known of the problem. I am surprised with the condition of the room. That housekeeper has been with us for many years and normally does a very good job. I have inspected her rooms many times and did not notice that she may be using too much tilex in the bathroom, but will watch it more closely. I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your trust and business again. I believe we can offer you a much better stay that matches the rest of our reviews. Thank You Roger Mahood-Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Polish first
Shallow Lake
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We had a horrible travelling day, checked into the wrong hotel the night before, missed our connector flight, the list went on and on and on. One thing that didnt go wrong was the hotel. What a beautiful hotel, clean, updated, and the view was, there is no words to describe the view, absolutley breathtaking. What a trip, the staff was friendly, complimentary coffee in the morning in the lobby, this was everythign that we could of asked for and more. We will definently be staying here again, hopefully in the near future.

Room Tip: Any room would be a great room here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank themyatts
Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Days Inn for our honeymoon. We were scheduled to be there 4 nights and then head over to the Gulf side for 3 nights. We were so happy with the location and price..we stayed at Days Inn for the whole week! Rooms were very clean..location was perfect...and we were very pleased with our ocean "view" room - we had a fabulous view of the ocean, as well as the inlet - without all the noise of the pool that the ocean "front" rooms had. We cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: If you can get a ocean "view" room vs. an ocean "front" one - I highly recommend...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine D
Beaverton, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Very nice ,clean room . Staff was very friendly. Beautiful view at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill1722
Berwick, Maine
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I loved my mini-vacation a few weeks ago. My room was very clean and quiet, the staff friendly and helpful, and the view, needless to say but I will anyway, was PHENOMINAL! I'll definitely stay again and again. You won't be sorry if you book here. Debbie

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends