All reviews ocean front third floor room rooms are clean office staff full kitchen pool area was clean great view of the ocean working order coffee pot per night stove kitchenette daytona coffeemaker desk sunrise hurricane
Reviewed 21 November 2017

They rent to locals and very low quality clients who party until 4am and they do nothing about it.

My parents stayed there for a week but only slept for 3 due to heavy noise and screaming all night.

Then AC to entire building broke and could not fix for couple days so they had to check out 1 day sooner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CoveMotelOceanfront, Front Office Manager at Cove Motel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately hotels do run into problems. We fix things here in a timely manner and use all resources and good businesses that we can find. Guests are most important to us and we accommodate everyone as much as we possibly can. When staying in a hotel especially a small one like ours we will run into some people who will be your neighbors who we do not know how they will behave. We do not tolerate irate or disruptive behavior while understanding people are trying to enjoy their vacations in all different ways. We have 24 hours desk service for these types of matters especially for complaints.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

A previous reviewer mentioned in regard to "Retro". This rendition of the Bates Motel is absolute. I did not close the shower curtains. The Cove even have the red blinking VACANCY sign...probably blinks 365...never full occupied. Very small parking lot, but seems to do the job for the amount of guest staying. Room safe didn't work. I don't think that's a feature most occupants need. I had to lug my laptop everywhere for safety concerns. I can't even imagine when they built it, that The Cove would have been deemed a nice place to stay...Anyway...enough said...

Room Tip: Recommend picking a view where you can see the hotel from afar
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 857darrellm

Thank you for the review. Im sorry to see you did not enjoy our cozy small hotel. Im very sad to see that you think this hotel is not trust worthy. I can assure you that is absolutely something that we take very seriously here. Guest safety is always a number one priority. Our staff is always happy as well as trustworthy and willing to help anyone in need and will not step foot in the rooms if you do not want them to. If you are looking for the place to be a bit more livelier please come and visit us during Daytona Beach's busy season when the streets and beach are filled with tourists. This is slow season time. A time most people want to take to enjoy a relaxing quiet vacation. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Ocean Front - Great View. Good price. Did see a number of roaches,mostly dead. I know Florida is bug capital, but, they should spray a bit more often. Our sliding door leaked some during hard rain-we put a couple of towels down. Staff nice. Room clean. Over all good for the cost. We enjoyed our stay. We would go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. We do have a pest company that sprays often we are sorry that you had to experience that. There was a lot of rain and they always try and find a dryer place, since our hotel rooms have doors that lead directly outside instead of into a building with an enclosed hallway we find that may be the cause as to them trying to get into our hotel. When they try to come in the spray they lay down kills them. We are working with specialists to ensure our guest do not run into problems in the future. Thank you agian

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

(Sorry I forgot to take pics! After the hurricane, my family & I have really been stressed & focused on sleeping comfortably with air conditioning, by the time I remembered to take pics it was too late.)

<Room 405/4th floor of 4/working elevator/2 dbl beds/microwave/mini fridge/small dining table/ocean view/balcony/kitchenette>

Once arrived to hotel.. it didn't look "clean" even on the outside. Parking is weird but ok. Needless to say our main concern was the AC. Check-in was fast. Got up to the room & the floor had sand from balcony to the room entrance. I called the front desk & someone came immediately. The guy said he really wasn't finished in the room. This made me dbl check everything. I checked the sheets first! Everything seemed to be clean in the room.. went to the bathroom & cld tell someone had a bm then flushed. A little residue was still in the toilet. I didn't make a big fuss bc I was tired h the room was still decent. The stuff was outdated but still sleepable. Abt an hour or so after check in. My mom came over to shower bc she had no electricity. As soon as she entered the bathroom, she had to kill a roach. After this I was uncomfortable. Didn't even want to lie down. She then goes to turn the water on & it came out brown at 1st. We saw at least 5 more roaches between then & check out. The beds were ok but I was not comfortable staying there & will not be staying again. GREAT VIEWS tho so 2 stars.

Of course no working cable/WiFi, no access to pool due to damage from Hurricane Irma.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. I hope you do understand that we opened the hotel and set a great super low rate so that the community who just suffered as much as we did could have somewhere to stay as we understood that many did not have power, homes where destroyed etc. We opened as a courtesy for our community and i am sorry that you had a few problems. We are grateful that we were able to help so many in such a short matter of time during this traumatic event for us all. We ourselves still had hurricane clean up to do as well as the rest of Daytona. Glad you did not have to sleep in the conditions of what your home was left in. Thank you

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

After years from being at Daytona Beach got chance to go back. Wanted to stay at retro motel. Picked the Cove Motel. It fit the bill. Old, remodeled, and clean, as well as ocean front. I prefer low rise motels. Parking was tight but except able. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review! please come and see us again soon. We are always trying to improve here at the cove!