All reviewscracked egglarge efficiencysink areaheated poolcoffee makerthird floorclean roomsnice poolacross the streeteasy access to the beachparking lotfridge and microwaveair conditionercleaning stafffull kitchenmotelocean
Reviewed 3 November 2009

This is a family run hotel and they do a really good job of mainting this property. We enjoyed a very refreshing 10 day stay. This family takes pride in their bussiness and it shows! I don't think you can get more for your money anywhere in Daytona. We met some really nice people there and made some friends including the owners. I would recommend this vacation spot to my friends! Danny Williams

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank deere755
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I had never stayed at the motel. I made reservations based off reviews online. It was everything I wanted and my Mother and Grandmother were pleased and felt safe. The price was good, rooms were clean, other guest were friendly and courteous, and we were right on the beach. The front desk was also helpful and polite. I was amazed that in off season they still paid attention to the details like sweeping the sand from the stairs that lead to the beach. I would absolutly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a great price, clean, quiet, safe, place right on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 3 July 2009

be careful if you stay here and pay with a debit card. i was charged $75 for 2 damaged bed sheets my dog destroyed. i dont mind paying for the sheets but $75 is a bit rediculous. i also was not notified before they charged my account which caused 2 other purchases to bounce. i was charged fees for these & wasnt reimbursed a dime. because i had pets, i also didnt use their maid service one time.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emsandy
hoteldaytona, Assistant General Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2009

As a representative of the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, it is rare and unfortunate to encounter an issue with a guest with blatant disregard to our policies and for our property. We do impose incidental charges for damages to our rooms or property. This is clearly noted at check in time in a brief paragraph that registered guests are asked to read before signing in.

In this particular instance it was not just an issue of some damaged bed sheets. The damages included blood stained sheets along with blood stained pillow cases, a blood stained comforter and an area rug that was soaked through with what we think was dog excrement. In addition to these damaged items, which were all disposed of immediately due to the potentially hazardous fluids that they were covered in, dirty dishes were also left behind. It is clearly noted in our rooms with full kitchens that a fee will be charged for unwashed dishes. This fee was waived as a courtesy in this case. The guest left with no mention that they had caused any damage. We did have to charge the credit card on file after the guest had left in accordance with our policy for damages. The receipt of the transaction was sent to the customer along with a description of the charges and a copy of the registration and policies that the guest had signed. The charge was also professionally explained to the guest when she called in an expletive filled fury. Had this guest notified us of the damages we could have explained the charges right away.

From a manager's and owner's perspective, we must determine fair fees to cover damages. The total of all of the damaged items and time to clean this room after the guest left was well over $150. I feel that the $75 charge was more than fair.

Erica Obrochta
Assistant General Manager
The Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn

Reviewed 2 June 2009

We had a great time. The Inn was clean and the staff was great. We had a wedding on the beach and everyone worked with my son and new daughter-in-law. We will come back. Location was perfect and the value couldn't be beat. A must for everyone!!

Alice Oprych

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My wife and I just returned from our 5th stay at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida. Each of our stays is 10 days long, so after spending 50 days with them over the last few years, we believe we can give an accurate review of the motel.

What keeps us coming back each year most importantly is it’s location. The southern area of Daytona Beach is known as Daytona Beach Shores. The area is away from the crowds and heavy traffic found in central Daytona’s Boardwalk section.

Secondly, because it is a smaller, family-owned and operated motel -you have the benefit of dealing with the same friendly people on each visit. We’ve even had the same maid service each time! A wonderful young lady named Kimberly is readily available to attend to our needs.

Other reasons to stay at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn include:
1. Spacious, affordably-priced efficiency apartments
2. Very clean, well-maintained grounds and rooms
3. Friendly family atmosphere
4. Beautiful ocean views from the pool area and sundeck
5. A choice of more upscale jacuzzi suites
6. It’s location within walking distance of several restaurants
7. Free wi-fi internet access (even in the pool area)
8. Comfortable beds
9. Optional, tile-floored pet friendly rooms
10. A feature that we’ve come to appreciate over the years is that establishments like this one attract a type of customer we enjoy being around. We have met many fine people and developed friendships with other repeat customers who, like us, return the same time every year.

Now that I have listed what you can expect to find at Atlantic Ocean Palm I think it is important to tell you what you won’t find as well:
1. A huge parking garage with tiny parking spaces that makes it a 10 minute trek to get to your room
2. Loud parties next door and teenagers running up and down hallways at all hours of the night
3. Shady looking people hanging around the parking area and elevators
4. An overcrowded pool area with no seating left
5. A disinterested stranger every time you go to the motel desk
6. A bill so big at the end of your stay you feel that you should be made part owner

After having read other reviews here, I would like to address some of the complaints made by others such as the lack of private balconies or not keeping the office open 24 hours. I can only respond by saying that if what you want is a high-rise hotel with a marble-lined lobby and impersonal 24 hour room service at double or triple the room rates found at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn -then clearly you should go somewhere else. But, if value is important to you; value provided by being efficiently run by attentive family members doing their best -then you should consider the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn for your next vacation destination.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple